Pregnant and found lump.

Hi everyone.
I am now 39 weeks pregnant and found a lump 2 months ago. Have had two ultrasounds on the area with it showing nothing. Then went for 3rd opinion and was told I had a fibroadenoma. I’m no expert but the scans i have seen do not indicate a fibroadenoma and my consultant won’t do a biopsy because I’m so far along in my pregnancy. I’m absolutely beside myself as I know biopsy is the only means of knowing 100%. Any similar stories shared would be good
Louise xx

Hi Louise , blimey what a worry when you are so close to giving birth! Ultrasounds are very good at picking up things, I know it’s so hard to put the thought of something more serious out of your mind but if you have had two clear ones then I would personally be feeling happy that there was nothing going on.

I had a lump investigated which didn’t show up on US as it was just fat although was a palpable lump, I did have cancer elsewhere in my breast which did show up on ultrasound , I also had a fibrodenema which was benign , of course keep pushing if your not happy with what you are being told but enjoy welcoming your baby first then you can request a biopsy that will hopefully put your mind at rest Xx Jo 

Thanks Jo. I actually had a biopsy in August in my left breast which showed up as a lipoma (fat) the same as yours but this new lump in the right looks different on the ultrasound. With two missed diagnosis I’m finding it hard to trust medical experts.

I just hope it is a fibroadenoma and nothing more sinister. I’m worried if it is sinister it’s going to grow and get bigger and be untreatable.
I’m so sorry to hear you had a cancer diagnosis.
I’m guessing you are on the mend with it all now.

Thank you again for posting xx