66.5K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prescription Charges - anyone got the form yet?

96 REPLIES 96
mazaroo

Re: Prescription Charges - anyone got the form yet?

Got mine yesterday yipeeee took about 3 weeks .....got a few refunds to get !!!!
Maz

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear All

Hooray, hooray! My exemption card just came through the door! What a relief. I am so chuffed. Good luck to anyone else who is still waiting.

Much love

Dilys
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks to reading about the exemption card on this site I have now received mine within two weeks of applying for it. I also went to my local chemist who filled in a form for me to claim for any charges I had already paid for my presciptions. So I have been quite lucky and hope everyone who is having trouble will soon get it sorted out. xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Karenr, and so very sorry about your diagnosis.

I am sure it is simple inefficiency on the part of the GP surgery! The managed to completely lose the form I completed back in February.

Much love

Dilys

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi DilysP

If you havn't received it by the time you need your next prescription my GP told me to save the receipt as you can claim any expenses back from the date it came into action.

I received mine in just over a week which is lucky as i've now been diagnosed with secondries.

Guest user
Not applicable

My exemption certificate arrived yesterday, 11 days after sending off the form, so that seems quite good going. I think it probably helped that I sent the form off myself and avoided any logjam at GPs' surgeries. Also, the accompanying letter states that "The certificate entitles you to all your NHS prescriptions free", so it looks like you were right Elaine and my bcn (who told me it applied to cancer related drugs only) got it wrong.

Guest user
Not applicable

Well done Dawn. Hope you are ok?

I asked again at the surgery this morning, having filled in the form for the second time on 9 April. They looked suitably blank and said to go in again tomorrow and ask again. In the meantime I spend hours waiting for the postman! Less than two weeks to go before I need the next lot of Arimidex!

Patience, patience!

Love

Dilys
xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,
I have got my exemption certificate, I am pleased because I have to have a few prescriptions now that I did not have prior to treatment. My GP signed form while I was there the other day and then reception stamped it and sent it off, it came within a week. She says all prescriptions are free, but my friend is a nurse her practice are giving full excemption. Her PCT said it was not completely clear so some may have decided to just give cancer related drugs.
Not sure, but good luck to all
Dawn X

Guest user
Not applicable

Still waiting! Might just use that e-mail address!

Love to all

Dilys

ritajeanb

Hi dimsie All NHS presriptions are free My card took 2 weeks to arrive,if you have not got yours by the end of next week phone
0845 601 8076 or email
Hope this helps elaine

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, I guess it is down to where you live. Picked up my form from the doctors' surgery towards the end of March. Took back the completed form which they forwarded and then got my card at the start of April. Was surprised how quick it arrived. Had expected a huge backlog of applicants and thought I would have to pay and reclaim in a few months! Snoogle x

Guest user
Not applicable

I am due to start Tamoxifen soon, having had surgery 2 weeks ago. When I went to the hospital for my histology results on 16 Apr, my bcn had the form (FP92A 1 January 2009) signed and ready to give me. All I had to do was fill in my details and send it off to the address on the form in Newcastle. A week on and no sign of the card but I suppose it is a bit soon. I was interested to see the comments from kjtuck and ritajeanb saying that all prescriptions are free, as my bcn told me that the exemption applies to cancer related treatments only.

Guest user
Not applicable

Well done Rachy7

I am still waiting for my exemption certificate. Watching the tablets go down my throat!

Love

Dilys

rachy7

i too have just received confirmation that I will receive £51 rebate for my ppc.

Guest user
Not applicable

I've just received a letter saying i will get £42.71 refund for the unused months on my pre-paid certificate... 🙂 It says the cheque will be arriving seperatly...

Theresa

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Weird how different everyone's experience is! Glad for those who have got it, and good luck to the rest of us. I didn't actually mind it with the PPC as it was good value and no hassle. This is just a little more stress. But worse things happen, as they say.

Will let you know how I get on, and double good luck to Justme.

Love

Dilys

Guest user
Not applicable

got my card today after applying at docs last week, will get a refund on pre-payment card, had six months on it,card valid till 2014, It,s about time we didn,t have to pay for vital drugs,
Lorna xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

I hope you get yours soon Dilys.

Mine took ages. I applied on 16 February and left my completed form at the doctors surgery - I got the card early last week. I hadn't had time to chase but was ready to. I've no idea as to why it took so long but wonder if it sat at the surgery for a while.

Good luck with chasing yours.

Gill

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey - thanks for that! I shall give it a try if my card doesn't arrive soon.

Love

Dilys
xxxx

ritajeanb

hi was just going to post the phone number but you beat me to it.My card arrived within 2 weeks elaine

Guest user
Not applicable

I have received my exemption card. With it came a covering letter and the 'phone number - should you wish to chase your application - is as follows:

0845 601 8076
You can (apparently) ring them Monday to Friday 8-6, and on Saturday between 9-3.

Their email address is:

Hope this helps!

Guest user
Not applicable

The thing is, since the form is sent off by the GP, I have no idea who to contact to chase it up, other than the GP's surgery that is! So if the surgery hasn't sent it (as I suspect) how do I know if I am waiting in vain?

xxx

lisa_lisa

Not sure if it helps my nurse bought the form round I signed it she got the doc to sighn it four days later had little card arrive to show when picking up percriptions ....its only been less than 4 weeks i was told i had bc so at least some one is being efficient ...
Lisa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Nicky and Justme

Oh lord I feel for you! It is really silly, isn't it? There I was quite happy with my PPC.....

Good luck my dears

Dilys
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Are you sure one of them isn't mine Nicky?

:)))))

Thanks for the advice, If I am still cardless by the time I need my next prescription, I will speak to the pharmacist.

xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

I needed a prescription earlier this week before my card came and at my GP i was told to just tell them that I was exempt and why . The chemist can then fill in that they saw no evidence. The chemist was quite happy to do that. Today in the post 2 cards arrived, posted out 2 days apart with different certificate numbers. I know that I only filled out 1 form so I think that I'll have to be in touch with them on Tuesday.
Nicky

Guest user
Not applicable

I filled in my application for exemption from prescription charges and handed it in to my surgery's receptionist during the lst week of FEBRUARY. Am still waiting for my exemption card.

I have enquired half a dozen times at the surgery and always told it can take quite some time to receive the card.

Needless to say I am fuming...Grrrrrrrr!!

xxx

Nythejan

Hi girls,

Just thought I would let you all know that I have received notification of my refund in respect of my Prescription Prepayment Certificate which I returned to Newcastle at the end of March. I was paying monthly and obviously I have cancelled the direct debit from the April payment. As they say "Every little helps".

Take care & best wishes

Jan

Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck Theresa! Luckily I don't have that problem as my prepayment card ran out in March. And Eliza - what a brilliant idea! Though with four items it is considerably more than that!!! I might just give it a go.

Happy Easter to all

Dilys
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Has anyone had a partial refund yet for their old prepayment card...? I bought a one year certificate last sept not long before they announced we were going to get the 5 year certficates...
I've followed the instructions on the website and sent a letter, old certificate and a copy of the letter they sent us with the new card... wonder how long it will take them to send me my refund - if ever..

Theresa

Eliza

And if you need a prescription before your card comes back, Dilys, you could say to them "I'll need the £7.10 from your petty cash, please, and I'll return it after I've been able to reclaim it"! You might start a stampede if you manage to say it in front of a group of people!!!

Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Jo

Thanks so much. It is so silly. The actual GP is great (though always billed as a locum). It is the admin staff who are so irritatingly inept. Might volunteer to work there unpaid myself! Could hardly be worse.

Thanks for the advice though. I am giving it a couple of weeks and trying again.

Much love

Dilys

Guest user
Not applicable

Somebody mentioned that the form can be downloaded from the web site, anyone know the what its called?

JosieR

Hi Dilys

If you don't have any luck this time, I would get another form, fill it in and rather than giving it back to the receptionist, keep hold of it and make an appointment to see your GP. At least then you can ask him to sign it there and then, give it back to you and you can send it off yourself. It seems ludicrous that you have had to wait so long. When I applied for mine, the whole process took 10 days from filling in the form to receiving my exemption card in the post!!

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Jo

Guest user
Not applicable

Boring saga continues! I rang the woman in the surgery this morning. Seems she finally faxed my husband's referral on 6 April. But she was wonderfully vague about my exemption certificate! So we agreed I would shoot round there and fill in another one. Which I have duly done.

Watch this space....

Love to all

Dilys
xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey ho

Back to the surgery again this morning and still no joy. The lady who does these things is still not there (since 23 February???). Neither have they done a hospital referral for my husband, also since 23 February. Apparently said woman will be there tomorrow, so I shall be there too!

Much love and patience

Dilys
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Yes indeed my GP's surgery are totally inefficient! I will be back again next week. Ho hum. Cannot believe that they be so bad but it is totally down to them.

Deep breath and stay calm!

Dilys
xxx

elinda45

I went to my GP filled out the form and got the card about a week later. Sounds like some of the delays might be in the GP practice - perhaps worth chasing up?
Elinda x

ritajeanb

Hi got my card in the post today only took 2 weeks. elaine

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh dear. Went back to the GP surgery today to check. I had filled in the form on 23 February. Guess what? It is still sitting there. Oh dear oh dear.

Cheers all

Dilys
xxxx

rachy7

Hello, Any one with a pre payment certificate needs to send it back to claim a refund within 3 months or we won't get one ! They owe me £50 as from tomorrow when my med exemption starts !

Rach

Guest user
Not applicable

Still waiting for mine! Filled in at the surgery on 23 February. Eeek!

Guest user
Not applicable

I got my card, just in time the Tamoxifen runs out in three days time!

Although mine took about 3 weeks to come through, although I've not idea how long it was waiting at the GP's for Docs signature.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi , i got my form on the 23rd Feb while in on an appointment with my GP he filled his bit in and i did the rest as soon as i got home. It was posted on the same day. I received my card back just one week later which is god news as i now ready for my repeat prescriptions.

ritajeanb

Hi Charlie ask for nhs receipt FP57 and claim back charges
I filled in form at GP last week and now waiting for my exemption card,will also need a new prescription next week.
elaine x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all, I have read these comments with interest and have just gone down to my GP's and filled in a form, old one with my own tick box added for breast cancer, reception seemed to think that would be ok.
Sounds like I could have to wait a while before it arrives but I need a prescription next week. It will be in April then so does anyone know if I can claim back that prescription charge?
Thanks
Charlie

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks again Elaine, it makes perfect sense now you have explained it to me.

I must admit, I had no idea this was going to be available, so its a welcome suprise, as over the time since I was DX, I have spent a fortune on loads of different things, for all the various side effects I have had and am still suffering.

I also take preventative tablets for migraine, so to get these as well will be a bonus.

Thanks again, will go to GP tomorrow and get sorted out.

Deborahxx

ritajeanb

hi Deborah
It will not matter when you were Dx if youre still having treatment for cancer or side effects of cancer treatment ie chemo
hope this makes sense elainex

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Elaine

Thanks for the info.

Sorry to be a pain, but will it matter that I was DX Sept 06, as i am still having treatment for the effects brought on by chemo.

Thanks again

Deborahx

ritajeanb

hi all your prescriptions will be free,for whatever treatment not just cancer related x elaine