Primary and secondary Bone mets diagnosis at the same time

Hi,I’ve never posted before on a site before. So heavens only knows if this will work! After attending breast clinic because of family history,on routine yearly visit in Nov 12 BC nurse found some thickening so sent me for mamo. Didn’t feel right to me,but it came back all okay. By June 13 I still had this nagging feeling thickening was not ‘just hormonal’ change in breast,so went to GP who referred me back to clinic. Had ultra sound on the Wed and was told I had BC,had CT scan on Fri.and was told that ‘it’ had spread to spine and ribs. Whole world seems to have fallen from under me.,feel very scared and alone. It’s been three months since diagnosis now. Waiting to see if tamoxifen is working. To cut a long rambling short,I came across this site and read some of the posts from other ladies like me and felt I wasn’t alone on this scary journey .

Hi 2catlady

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums where I am sure you will get lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.  I am sorry to hear that you got both a primary and secondary diagnosis at the same time which must have been somewhat of  a shock for you , but  I am sure you will get lots of support from other users of this site who are travelling a similar path to yourself.

While you are waiting for replies I have put for you below links to some of BCC’s publications which I hope you find helpful.  Our helpline team are also just a free phone call away if you need to talk to someone in confidence.  0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2.  Another of BCC’s services you might find of support is our Secondary Live Chat service which runs each Tuesday evening between 8.30 and 9.30pm, this is facilitated by a nurse and a moderator, where you can ‘talk’ in real time to others with a secondary diagnosis.  I’ve also put you the link to that for you to have a look at.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-you-diagnosis-treatment-future-bcc44

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/secondary-breast-cancer/secondary-breast-cancer-bone-bcc30

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/secondary-breast-cancer/secondary-resource-pack-bcc173

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/someone-talk/live-chat?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=Promo&%3Butm_campaign=live_chat

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Catlady. Welcome to the forum although I know you don’t want to be here.

Same thing happened to me I kept getting told just a cyst right unto a few month before diagnosis of Invasive Lobular cancer with spread to endemetrium, right I ovary, ribs, spine, sternum and pelvis. Multiple places in the bones - loads of small spots.

It is hard to get your head around. If you haven’t already had a look the bone mets thread is full of inspirational women and I found it a big comfort to reef through.

June xx