Probably nothing

I think I am getting myself in a timely but a little concerned. … about a year ago my left nipple inverted and a lump appeared in my armpit. It is solid and pea sized. My left breast then became swollen painful and infected. I was told it was mastitus by the doctor and that I will continue to have sporadic abscesses until I have a fistula. None of this seems right and I’m not sure if I should question diagnosis or I don’t know…any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi HC

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, it’s the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.

As I am sure your fellow forum users will suggest, it’s always best to get any changes to the breast checked out, which you have done, but obviously you don’t seem happy with.  Please do go and see another GP and get another opinion.  Our helpline team are just a free phone call away if you need to talk to someone in confidence, 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.

Below is the link to one of BCC’s publications you might find helpful.

breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/publication/your-breasts-your-health-throughout-your-life-bcc2

Take care,

Jo, Moderator