cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with PICC line

4 REPLIES 4
coffeegirl

Re: Problems with PICC line

I've got my wig and beanie hats and I've got an appointment on Fri to look at scarves and to be shown how to put them on, so all avenues have been covered. I haven't heard of sleep caps, what are they?
PICC line is so much better today, I think the vein was just irritated too much yesterday from the insertion.
Have you joined the thread for Julys treatment? I haven't yet.
Are you ready for Monday? Let me know how it goes x
WP23

Chocolate sounds good 🙂

Im keeping busy, take my mind off Monday.

My sleep caps and other headwear arrived today!! had a try on, not too bad,at least im prepared.

Wendy 🙂 x

coffeegirl

Hi Wendy thanks for your reply, I meant to reply to your other posts but things have been crazy here lol.
I have the district nurse coming to me tomorrow so I will ask her. I figured getting a PICC Line in would make things easier for the chemo, but it's just adding to the ongoing problems. Think I will overindulge on chocolate tonight as a treat lol.
Things going ok with you Wendy? x
WP23

Sorry to hear you are uncomfortable coffeeirl and that it has been a traumatic day for you.

Can you not ring your breast nurse tomorrow just for some reassurance.

Sorry i cant help you more, but i havent been offered PICC line, just told it would go in back of hand.

Take care

Wendy x

coffeegirl

Problems with PICC line

Can someone help please? I had my PICC line inserted today as my veins are not great. I could feel a bit of discomfort during the procedure but was assured I would be ok. After the procedure my blood pressure was very high and my heart was racing. I was monitored but it was continuing, so I was sent to A&E. I had a chest X-Ray and all was normal and as my blood pressure returned to normal I was sent home. I can feel the wire within my chest and although it's not sore, as such, it's more of a discomfort. My pain relief has kicked in now and it doesn't feel so bad now. Has anyone every experienced this? Will it go away? I will see how things are over the next few days, if I still feel like this I will call Breast Nurse for advice as I cannot go through this for 5 months.