Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Names

40 REPLIES 40
Shazza2010

Re: Profile Names

Hi All

I have only registered today.

My name is Sharon and I was diagnosed and treated for breast cancer in 2010. Hence Shazza2010 🙂

mad4cavs

Mad4cavs=mad for cavalier king Charles spaniel s I have had 6 in the past I have 2 now and 2 mutts I love all dog's

Dmcf

This is a great thread! I always wonder about the many names we see. Mines my initial, my husbands my daughters and my sons in age order 31,30,7,1 (well 10months when I started posting) x
wax2014

Hi...when I was diagnosed we had to cancel our holiday to Playa Blanca in Lanzarote. We would lunch everyday at our favourite place ..the WAX bar ...I was so determined that I'd make it there this year hence the name...and I'm pleased to say that now a year of treatment is ove we're going for Christmas ...can't wait xxxxx
quality_street

Well, my name was inspired by my favourite chocs,.i am really pleased to see that they have just re- appeared in a massive and real tin( not the fake cardboard one), yipee

scobie

WHEN I WAS REGESTERING I HAD A JOB GETTING ANY OF MY SUGGESTIONS ACCEPTED SO USED MY MUMS MIDDLE Name.

Jackie09

Hi,
Mine is not exciting at all! My name is Jackie, and my favourite football players usually wear the number nine shirt! X
Elsie-Lou

Hi!

I've loved reading this thread and so will add my bit to it now.

Louise is my real name and I'm getting married this August, so my initials will be L.C.  My fiance starting calling me Elsie which he found highly amusing, so I thought I'd use it on here!

Melena

Whenever anyone in the family was having a baby my dad used to say if its a girl call her Melena. A few years ago I started the family tree and found that one of his grandma's was called Melena so I chose that to remember my dad.

poemsgalore

Glad to hear from you all. I can think of much better names than boring old Poemsgalore! It has got me quite a reputation but I can't always come up with a new poem, or find an old one that is suitable. Wish I'd called myself Cobweb instead - but most people know me, so I guess I'm stuck
maggiemay22

I wasn't very imaginative with mine either!

My name's Maggie so I used the Rod Stewart song Maggie May and my lucky number 22.

I love cats too. Until a few months ago I had 3 but they've all died in the last year (2, brother and sister, at 15 and my favourite aged 22). I can't have any more as my 4 year old granddaughter is allergic to them.
scobie

MY MUMS MIDDLE NAME WAS SCOBIE SO I USED THAT ONE AS THE TIME I WAS TRYING TO THINK ONE UP THEY KEPT REJECTING THE ONES I CHOSE.

scottishlass

I love cats too. Always managed 2 in the house but when I got number 3 problems arose with the little cat peeing on the cooker...odd! Now am surrogate mum to my daughter's 2 cats called Olli and Oscar but would love a cat of my own. But will need to wait awhile.
Perhaps you shoule try writing FizBix.

FizBix

hi all
i adore cats
mine is an anagram of letters from two of my cats's names
sadly they have now passed on. one was 18 and the other was only 2
i now have 3 cats - if i had to make up a new name now itnwould be
roberma - no x's any more and i cheated on the z before
but i really like fizbix
i sometimes think about writing short stories under that name

scottishlass

Mine is self explanitary too. I am a Lass who lives in Scotland. Not so much of a lass now as I am 63 now. I hate choosing passwords and names and always find it hard to choose one.

Maseo

Thanks Janet, will do.
Janet_BCC

Dear maseo (Georgina)

If you would like to change your forum name just email moderator@breastcancercare.org.uk with 3 alternative choices (this is just in case the first choice is already taken) and we will change it for you.

I hope this helps

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

poemsgalore

Georgina,
Follow this link
http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/help
At the bottom of the page there is a form for help with the online community. If you ask the question 'how do I change my user name) into the form, someone might send you an email explaining how to do it. You have to put your email and current user name in the form too. Hope this helps.
Kath xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,
My nick-name at primary school was Andy but have adapted that to a more girly spelling - Andie. I have not been known as Andie since I was 11 and I am 50 now....Also feeling the need to avoid being spotted by any pupil of mine whether current or past!! (Not sure why they would be looking at this website, but you never know!!)
MarthasSOS

Hi Kath

What a very interesting thread - Loving it.

My name isn't that exciting either. When I joined the forum, I was trying to figure out an apt name but the mood I was in, muy brain wasn't funcioning properly (and that was before chemo lol).

My name is Martha and the SOS part came primarily from my business "Martha's Savvy Online Solutions) but thought the SOs was also quite apt to my plight lol.

xxx
Maseo

Hi Poemsgalore

Still searching to try and change mine

Georgina.
poemsgalore

Wonderful, I find them all very interesting. It is amazing that even at a difficult time like this our imaginations kick in sometimes to help us find a name. Mine isn't that interesting really, but I couldn't think of anything else. But my imagination really kicked in to help me write appropriate poems for myself and friends. Thanks for joining in the fun.

Toni, tempted to call you tonite!!!
Penny, you were born the same year as my OH. I'm not much younger though!!
Lavendarsun, that is such a pretty name and it conjures up lovely hot sunny days with the bees buzzing around the Lavendar. Hopefull we might have a day like that eventually.
Spookymoo, wow, that's a brilliant avatar you have. A bit like the real you maybe?
Topper, that's a very clever name, you have to think about it for a minute. I'm a Charlie Short too.
lisa, simple names are good too, easy to remember, and with chemo brain you need to keep things simple.

Bless you all, and good luck with whatever stage your treatment is at.
Kath xx

PG
lisa79

I'm a simple one too. My name is Lisa and I was born in '79. I'm not the most imaginative bunny!
Topper

I chose "Topper" in 2007 because this was the second time I had had breast cancer ( the first time was 1997) and so it was all "Old Hat". That of course was just bravado, but that was six years ago.
I have a second nickname given to me by friends who used to write adventure stories to amuse me whilst I was having chemo, starring my alta ego who sounds a bit like Hawke. Her name - Charlie Short ( because of course I was a charlie short)
Kx

spookymoo

Hi everyone well since I was diagnosed my husband has called me a right old "cow" (ha!ha!) hence the "moo" bit. And I love the supernatural and horror story stuff hence the "spooky" bit. So I am a scary old cow - basically - which kinda struck a cord at the time because I was angry and cross when I first got diagnosed (still am!) and it was like "Right cancer, you have damn well p-----d me off, so I am going to scare you away!" (which really has not worked so far!!)

I am a bit of a gamer (xbox/World of Warcraft/ etc) and I have an avatar called "Hawke" who I like to think of as my alterego - she has an amazing figure, stunning long hair, a massive sword and axe, impenetrable armour and kicks butt! And I did contemplate using that name. Maybe I should have and I would have beaten the son-of-a-bitch by now! Hope this tread gets bumped up a bit for you Poemsgalore - its a good one!
lavendersun

Well mine is quite boring I guess I didn't put too much thought into it at the time. I love lavender and I love the sun (though it doesn't like me ..too pale! ). Just thought it sounded pretty.
Love this thread.
Penny47

Kath as ever you have come in tops on this one. My BCC name is my nickname from when I was a copper-headed kid. I'm not exactly copper-headed now! The number is the year of my birth (20th century, me.) I'm keeping my real name a bit quiet because of my job which is on the margins of Social Work, the Health Service and the Police. That makes me sound very sleuth-like but really it's just to protect me and the family not to mention my colleagues and team-mates.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi there, what a great topic! Mine is not as interesting as some of your lovely names. Toni is my name, t is my second name initial and three is my lucky number. It was originally tonit13 for the year I was diagnosed but requested a change in case it was just too unlucky for me!
poemsgalore

It seems I've struck a chord with some of you. Thank you for joining in. A bit of a break from the serious stuff on other threads.

Faye, I hope your name keeps sunny days on the beach in mind when you are having difficult times.
Diane, aren't penguins gorgous. Although I didn't actually see that program. We used to go to Skegness Nature Land quite often. Most people go to see the seals. I always hung around the penguin enclosure. they were Jackass Penguins, here is a link to their page: http://www.skegnessnatureland.co.uk/penguins.php
Liz, I love butterflies too. Sadly not enough surviving any more. If you've read any of my poems, I hope they pass muster for an English teacher.
Kiz, how lovely, Pearl and Oyster, I am so sorry she is no longer with you.
Emma, Melrose is quite a classy name, no wonder you would like to keep it. My street name is Haddon so quite famous in Derbyshire, where I live.
Lola, I've seen photos of the lovely Lola (your dog I mean, although you are lovely too).
I hope more will join this thread, it would be a shame for it to get lost in the ether so to speak.
Good luck to all of you.
Kath (Poemsgalore) xx
Lola65

Mine is simple. Lola is my lovely dog, and 65 is my age.
Melrose15

Hi Poems, mine is simply my road and house number although I've grown to like Melrose and might just use it as my name from now on!!
Emma x
Oyster

I chose the user name Oyster after my twin sister, who died of breast cancer (not the same as mine) six years ago.
Her name was Pearl.
Kiz
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,
There are several butterflies on here. But mine was chosen because I have always flitted about - my nature since widowed some years ago and 61 was my age at diagnosis.
I, too, have often wonderd why people chose the name they have. Thanks for starting this thread Poemsgalore - love your nom de plume as I was an English teacher and loved teaching poetry.

Take care all, Liz.
Guest user
Not applicable

I was watching the TV programme, 'Penguins - Spy in the Huddle', when I was trying to think of a profile name!
Diane
Flip_flop

Great minds think alike poemsgalore, I was wonderind the same thing.
Unfortunately mine isn't very interesting. Was thinking of nice things trying to make myself feel better, and I like going on holiday to nice warm countires and wearing nice summery clothes and shoes - hence flip flop.
Faye x
Suffolklady

Well, we could keep the conversation going! LOL
poemsgalore

Still haven't made it to the Latest Topics list yet though
poemsgalore

Thanks Suffolk Lady, I don't think it's lack of imagination on your part, yuou probably had other things on your mind at the time. And I'm sure you are a lady in spite of some of your friends' opinions.

thought this topic might give others a bit of a laugh, glad you like it.
PG xx
Suffolklady

Well, I was clearly lacking any imagination when I came up with mine.... I live in.... Suffolk and I'm a...... (although there are some of my friends who would dispute that second part!)

Nice topic! x
poemsgalore

Bumping to get in the Latest Posts section.
poemsgalore

Profile Names

Hi

While reading through the threads on these forums, I'm fascinated by the profile names people choose. My own name, Poemsgalore, is an easy one. I write and read poetry. But others have chosen more unusual names and being a nosy person, I would love to find the reasons behind them being chosen. So I'm throwing this open to anyone with an unusual profile name to come and explain - please.

Poemsgalore xx