Progression after 4yrs! Help!

Diagnosed 4 yrs ago with multiple small mets to both lungs. Steady improvements on letrozole until NED Feb ‘13. Scan in Nov 13’ also clear.
Scanned 2 weeks ago and the honeymoon period is over!
Some nodules back in right lung and a 1.7cm tumour in liver. Had a rough week as never had progression before and last 4 yrs have been relatively easy.
Next appt was due to be 6/10/14 but BCN tried to move it, 15/9 reduced clinic and full, 22/9 we are in Majorca so appt in now 29/9, ages to wait!
Spoke to BCN at length on phone and she seems to think my options will be exemestane and everolimus combo (which she seems to think I will respond to as had such on good response to letrozole) or poss xeloda.
Not keen on the chemo route just yet, too soon!
Everolimus seems to have pretty bad* SE’s. Has anyone had exemestane alone and added in everolimus later if exemestane didn’t work too well?
What are folks experiences? Any advice or inspiring stories? Not in a very good place at the mo. I know things will improve once I start new treatment but I’ve been so well so far and not looking forward to a bucket load of SE’s.
Glo

So sorry to hear youve had progression…I am newly dx with lung mets in may after primary in 2005 and another primary 2009. Ive bedn on Capecitabine oral chemo (xeloda) since 1st july and been managing ok on it so far. S

till working 2 days  a week. Onc has said hormones not going to be really beneficial as I’m only weakly er+ …so dont be too worried about chemo.

Have a look on the other threads here… “10 year survivors” and chat to other ladies on the bone mets thread…lots of ladies there who can give you inspiration!  We all tend to hang around on that thread.

Also tonight and every tuesday at 8.30 theres a live chat you can log into,  where you can ask anything you like.

It’s not the best club to be a member of but we’re all very supportive .      Lots of love and hugz…Bev xxxx