Prominent Rib Cage

Ok so I’m new to all this but have a question to the ladies that have had double mastectomies. I had a double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery 3 year ago, after I discovered that I was a carrier of the BRCA 1 gene. Anyways in the last few weeks I’ve noticed that my left rig cage seems to sit way out! Its a completely different shape than my right one! Crazy. Did go to my GP and he was happy that it wasn’t anything to worry about. Have any of you experienced anything like this. I’ve also had 2 babies in the last 2 years so maybe that has something to do with it!? Any help is greatly welcomed. Thank you

Mine is the same !!! Mentioned it to registrar at clinic but it’s all ok. I was diagnosed 3.5 yrs ago and had chemo then mx and rads on left side. It has only been since surgery that I have noticed this major difference so can only put it down to the fact that I am ‘uneven’. I do have small mets in my spine and ribs on right side but these are completely unrelated.

I’m glad to know I’m not alone in this - it’s just tiny thing but an odd one.

Liz

I’m so glad I’m not the only one!! I had left MX last April and noticed left ribcage protruding. I did ask the question ( can’t remember who I asked, physio, I think) she said perhaps they were always like that and I only noticed after boob had gone! have got used to it now

Carol

Thanks ladies for the reply’s. I should mention that i didnt have cancer, and my surgery was relitively straight forward. But at least I’m not alone in having the weird looking rib cage! Thanks again for taking the time to relpy.

Hi, I have it too!!

I first noticed that my left rib is a different shape and sticks out a lot further than my right when I was in my teens. My breasts weren’t very big anyway, but I’ve had a double mx this year and do think it’s more noticeable now.

Glad it’s not only me!!

Samm xx