Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proud Of My Man!

10 REPLIES 10
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Proud Of My Man!

wow, well done to him for that, crikey I bet that hurt, that's real love isn't it 🙂

Nikki

Guest user
Not applicable

Well he did it and it was really painful for him.But the buckets were being filled by customers and we think with the sponsor money as well he has raised over £300.

SO SO PROUD OF HIM

xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Cherub, so sorry to hear of his freind, must be heartbreaking for you both.

It does help us when they can be strong for us doesn't it, knowing the shoulder is there, the strength when we feel weak, doing so much to support. You had so much on your plate and yet you got through it and I bet are stronger for it. Although I can actually understand why some men can't cope with it and bail, men aren't as tough as us girlies sometimes.

Here's to a long, happy future for you both
Best
Nikki

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Val, good on him for standing shoulder to shoulder with you like that, towards the end of last year my Tim was going to match me but we said to wait until this year, never thought it would be with me going back into treatment thought!

It's hard on our loved ones, but I know Tim feels like he is actually doing something in doing this.

Have a WONDERFUL celebration. I am planning disney in the US at the end of mine next year, I have no kids, so it will be for us to be young again 🙂

Best wishes
Nikki

cherub

I cannot sing the praises of my husband enough! When I was diagnosed in 2006 he had just started a business and was renovating a flat we had bought as an investment. He put everything on hold for the first few months until we knew where we were with everything. When I was too ill to get out of bed he worked from home freelancing (he is a web developer) and he looked after me the whole time. He also managed to build the business and often worked until the early hours of the morning to do so.He has never missed an appointment I have attended. One of the reasons I married him was he had the wisdom of a 45 year old at 25 and he was very strong. This came into its own on my darker days.

Sadly, an associate of his has been diagnosed with brain cancer in the last week. OH went to see him today and was very upset when he came back as the friend told him if he doesn't have chemo/rads he's got 2 months, with it only 2 years max. I know he will be there for this person, it's in his nature to be supportive.

Guest user
Not applicable

I too am very proud of my husband who has helped and been there every step of the way. He also shaved his hair off the same time as me saying that if I was going to be bald then so was he. we made it into a fun night by having a barbrcue,inviting family and friends round who all had a chop with the scissors on both of us before we were shaved.

my husband and family do as much as they can for me all the time and I would not have got through this without them.
I am going for my 2nd tax on thursday and 1st herceptin on wednesday and so we are now on the countdown towards the end and a massive celebration on the way !!!!!!!!!!

Val

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh what a star he is Mary!!!

Thats a whole lot of love to be waxed like that! Not sure I could handle it (if I had a hairy chest and back, which of course I dont, well not yet anyhow!) legs hurt enough.

Our partners have a huge amount to do in supporting us through our journeys, it must be so hard to see us hurt and not be able to help.

Let us know how the event goes, and if he screams a bit :)) and thanks for posting about him.

Nikki

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
My Colin did a tandem parachute jump last year in aid of Everyman,which supports testicular cancer.Little did we know that I would be diagnosed with BC some months later.He has been with me every step and supported me.Next Wednesday will be the anniversary of my first chemo and to mark this historic event he is to have his chest and back waxed.As we both work for Asda this is to raise funds for the Tickled Pink Campaign.
I am so so so so proud of him as he does not do pain in any way,shape or form and he is quite hairy,but his attitude is after what I/we have been through this year and the fantastic care and treatment I have received is that it the least he can do.

Mary
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey Annieo

Here here, these guys have to deal with so much don't they, and when they can (because I can understand if they can't deal) then they make living with cancer a better place. I am proud of all my freinds and family for thier support of me.

Thanks for writing a post, really means a lot, good on you and Harry.

Nikki

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Nikki
Congrats to your man!!
Congrats also to all the good men out there supporting their women through this cancer nightmare.
Im proud of my man Harry who has been there through my 2 cancer dx and treatment.
Tell Tim good luck on the 31st and im sure he will be just as handsome with no hair, good on him.
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Proud Of My Man!

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to post how immensly proud I am of my partner, Tim, who not only supported me every step of the way through my diagnosis and treatments last year, he is doing it once again this year now I have been diagnosed with a local reoccurance.

He wanted to do something to 'help' so I said, so shave your hair off for Breast Cancer Care, then you will know how I feel. So that's exactly what he is doing!!! On the 31st of Oct, I will be performing the task in front of freinds and a camera to record the deed. I am totally astounded by the support we have got from family and freinds, so far to the tune of an astonishing £1,145 online at justgiving and an additional £200 offline as well.

Amazing

The ironic thing is, we found out the chemo I am going to get will probably not result in hair loss!!! HAHA. We laughed a LOT when they told us, possibly me more than him though 🙂

What a guy!

Nikki