cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query reccurrence

14 REPLIES 14
Melena

Re: Query reccurrence

hello Beardies, I am so sorry you are going through such a bad time. I hope by now you have your results back and that everything is ok.

I had chemo and although it is not  nice thing I did get through it as the others did.So i know you will also.

Please try not to worry (I know that is easier said than done) but you just have to keep going and live each day as it comes.

Take care xxx

Witchypoo

HI there

Hopefully you've had your results and everything's fine but even if it isn't, please don't automatically think that you wouldn't be able to make it through chemo.  Before I was diagnosed I always thought that it would be the worst thing in the world (losing my hair was a big part of it!) but when I was told I had cancer and that I'd need chemo before my operation, I couldn't wait to start - just to give me the best chance to get rid of this blasted disease.  I'm not going to tell you it's pleasant and easy - but it's nothing at all what I imagined.  I did what I was told, took my tablets when I needed to and rested when my body told me to - and I survived, even being able to go into work every 3rd week. 

As I said, hopefully everything's worked out fine - good luck to you xxxx

Beardies

Hi many thanks for your reply i am so stupid to be worried at my age 56 it is pathetic. But it was such a shock on Friday I am sure it must be something simple with scar tissue don't know what I know if it comes back it is invasive he told me that 3 yrs ago and if it did it would be mastectomy. But does invasive need chemo I am ashamed to say I could not cope with chemo I am good at most things and have suffered a lot with my health but chemo I think I would die. I know,other ladies get through cos there is no option they are so brave. But I suffer with anaphylaxis with meds and food so I could die if I have it and who would be able to help me through it. On top of all this my husband. Has a autoimmune disease which effects all his muscles and there is no cure so I am looking getr him though he copes very well poor man. The last three yrs has been cancer and death and now my husband and this latest scare. Perhaps this is a scare and I am stupid to worry. Anyway sorry to have troubled everyone and I thank god for all the support here as I have no help. Big hugs better go as tears are coming thank you xxxx
Beardies

Many thanks for your kind words. The thing that scares me is 3 yrs ago my consultant said if it comes back it will be invasive and need mastectomy. The phobia I have is if I need chemo I could not get through it. I have multiple allergies to foods and meds and am under immunologist with anaphylaxis. The nightmare just goes on. I did not notice my scar change because losing my mum and now my dad and my cousin I was sick of cancer and death. My scar is pulling in and there is a lump on my scar where it is pulled in. I can't understand it I never noticed it cos 6 weeks on radiotherapy I thought that would do it. My consultant is a Proff that dies research he said there was a high chance it would come back and he would look after me for ten years. He is marvellous. However on Thursday when I went to see him he told me of these changes and sai we will do a scan tmrw. So on Friday tea time I had my scan she scanned me then told me I needed a core biopsy I have had one the first time around. However I was shocked could it be a recurrence god forbid.anyway have looked on radiotherapy breast papers on line and maybe I am worrying for nothing there must be other reasons for my scar changed. So now I a very optimistic I am probably being very silly to worry so. Much . I get my results on Friday . I am sure it is a mistake although breast is uncomfortable. I am sorry for all this talking but it has helped me get it of my chest. Hope it has not been too much for you. Thank you and hugs x
Dogmad84

Hello, Beardies,

When I read your post, it had so many echoes of what happened to me almost three years ago.  I was diagnosed  a year after having lost my sister within just ten weeks of her shock diagnosis of aggressive, multi spread bowel cancer.  This experience was so traumatic, that I feel it clouded my whole outlook on what was going to happen to me- I was convinced that I, too, would pass over within just a few weeks.  Of course, when I looked at it logically some time later, I realised that my situation of Primary BC, was totally different, and that my prognosis was good, but my judgement was muddied by this tragic event.  You will be feeling even more anxious, in the light of your bereavements.

As far as the waiting for results is concerned, that really is tough- however, as many ladies have commented on this board- once you have your results, and a treatment plan is in place, you do feel so much more settled.  At the moment, it is a step into the unknown, but you would be surprised by how much calmer you will feel, once you know what is what.

Do let us know how things go on Friday. 

KBO

Hello beardies, 

Oh im so sorry you lost your loved one through this terrible disease. I lost my dad to cancer so i know where you are coming from.

im  very sorry that you are going through a bad time at the moment.  I saw your post on my thread and i've only just seen it. I do feel for you and i know what you must be going through, But try thinking of it like this, if  and im saying IF they do find anything at least they have found it and caught it early, hense why we go for the 5 yearly breast screening. At the end of the day they are keeping a very close eye on us and they like to play it safe.  I know it's easier said than done not to worry but we all do it, its natural. 

Will you be getting your results this friday coming or next Friday?

Try to keep yourself busy and try to keep positive.

Btw there is a page on facebook called breast friends, there are loads of ladies that may have been through a similar experience to you, perhaps try joining it, you might get more response on there. I haven't had that much response on my thread although the strange lumps i had in my nodes scar dont feel as bad,

Good luck 

Karen..xxx

Beardies

Thank you Lucy x
Beardies

Many thanks xx
Beardies

Many thanks for your kind words. I can't sleep.
lucy12

Hi Beardies

The waiting is such a horrible time, even more so when you're going through it for the second time. I will be keeping everything crossed for good results for you on Friday, please let us know how you get on.

In the meantime I'm sending lots of positive vibes and hugs your way...

Lu xx

Beardies

Many thanks will have to ring care line tmrw morning thank you for your help x
Beardies

Thank you very much for your kind words will treasure them this nighttime in the early hours xx
loulou1262

Hi Beardies

So sorry you are feeling so bad, it really is a terrible time waiting for results.  I cannot comment on the outcome of the biopsy,  as I really have no idea. I am currently going through chemo for a grade 3 invasive cancer and can remember the feelings of anxiety and despair completely.  It has eased, dont no whether I am use to it or because my treatment is in place. Please try and remember that if the results  from the biopsy come back positive,  you will be given a treatment plan and be able to concentrate on getting better. Nothing you can do now can influence the results so try and stay calm and do as many things as possible to fill your time. 

Take care

Louise x

Janet_BCC

Dear Beardies,

I'm sorry you are going through such a rough time at the moment.  I checked the thread you started yesterday and there aren't any more replies after the one by Sam (moderator).  I'm afraid posts do sometimes get missed by other members particularly when the forum is busy.  This is particularly tough when you are in need of support.  I hope someone will notice soon and come along with some support.

Do consider giving the helpline a call when they open tomorrow.  (The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays).  They will be able to offer you practical information and emotional support.  The number is 0808 800 6000.

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

PS When writing your post you should be able to see a box on the right hand side which you can tick to indicate you would like to receive emails when someone replies to the post.

Beardies

Query reccurrence

Hi am out of my mind with worry I posted yesterday I think but don't know if any reply have come in and if they are where do I get replays from. Am 3yrs in dcis high grade with rads. My consultant says if it comes back it will be invasive so kept my breast but have a large deformity.now went for physical 3 days ago and he said my scar has thickend and is pulling in there is also a raised bump on scar. Had a scan then they told me I needed a core biopsy. I thought here we go again. Could this be a recurrence anybody any ideas. Have got tto wait till next Friday for results. Please could someone out there respond and if I get a reply can you tell me where to go for replays as I don't know as new here. I did post first time last year but gave up as couldn't find replys. Am going mad here feel sick and can't eat. Lost my mum and cousin last year to BC and now lost mum dad this feb to brain tumour . Am at wits end been up all night please help many thanks and hugs. If coordinator should read this please could you help me thank you hugs to you all.