Question for Nicky re Rivaroxaban

Hello Nicky, hope you don’t mind me asking another question re Rivaroxaban? I am currently on a Cap chemo break and my Onc has agreed that during the break I can take Rivaroxaban instead of doing the Fragmin injections - Yay!!! I have just picked up my tablets and need to take the first one this evening. Having read the (huge) leaflet enclosed, I see I need to take them with food. Finally reached the question: how much food do you need to eat? Should I take it with a full meal, or will a few biscuits be enough?  Sorry, second question: do you know how flexible the timing is? The instructions say “try to take them at the same time each day”, but do I have the flexibilty of an hour or so? Sorry to bother you. Hugs in advance, Barton.x

Hi Barton
Sorry, have only just picked this up. I take mine in the morning just after breakfast. The food just makes sure the tablets aren’t absorbed too quick so I’m not sure how much food is needed!
Hope this helps.
Nicky x
Ps I do know the half life for the tablets is 12 hours, after which their effect starts to wear off. An hour or so either way I’m sure wouldn’t make a difference.

I know this wasn’t asked of me but I was on rivaroxaban for 6 months last year. I found that taking it it the morning straight after breakfast worked well. If I wasn’t hungry, a piece of toast was enough to eat but as I get up at the same time every day i was able to take it regularly.