Questioning my decision

Today is the day I fly off to Turkey for 10 days before my op on 8th August but I have woke up and I am really scared about going. I have all kinds of pains which I am sure are in my head even my toes seem to hurt. I know I need to get a grip and go and enjoy myself, but i also know if I say anything to my husband he will immediate say we are not going and try and drag me to the hospital. Sorry I just seem to be moaning lately and I am disappointed in myself because I have looked forward to this for so long x

Hi Sue
Yes these pains will probably be just in your head. It’s amazing how worry can do that! Once you get there, you’ll be fine. It beats staying at home worrying! And it won’t affect your treatment at all, will it?
Go…enjoy!! Xx

Sue, I had a month away before my surgery, with blessing of my surgeon. Can’t remember getting on the plane, and the first week I was in a state of disbelief! What was I doing here? Mr. Blobby must be growing! I can tell you now it was the best thing I ever did. ??. It really set me up for my op. Mr. Blobby hadn’t grown - surprise, surprise. ( BC grows slowly)  My holiday was in February , op in March and I’ve just completed chemo and going into rads. So a long journey, made easier by my lovely holiday. Enjoy your Turkey hol. It will stand you in great stead when you are battling on. Wish I was going on holiday. ?  X

Thanks ladies I know I am being silly and no I delyated my op as consultant said going on holiday would have no negative impact on outcome of surgery etc x flight not til 7.30 tonight my hubby will be begging for divorce by 2 this afternoon lol xx

SueW

You just go and enjoy your lovely holiday it will set you up well for your op when you come back, just think of all that lovely sunshine which will be building up your vitamin D and ultimately help you in recovery from your surgery.

The pains will no doubt be as a result of stress and anxiety, we all know those pains my dear, the anxiety monster has taken over your rational mind for a while, well I have just kicked its ass and sent it on its way now, and it is not going on holiday with you so time for you to get yourself in the mood for your holibobs with your lovely hubby.

You are certainly leaving the midlands at the right time with the weather we have due this weekend so so envious my friend.

Sending you a hug

Helena xxx

Thanks ladies you all help me put things back into perspective xxx