73.4K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions re First Appointment at Nottingham Breat Institute Monday.

3 REPLIES 3
poemsgalore

Re: Questions re First Appointment at Nottingham Breat Institute Monday.

Hi Jo,

I had my treatment at the Nottingham Breast Institute. When I had the biopsy, she found a node she didn't like the look of and biopsied that too. That was a hint to me that I had BC. However, I think they will tell you if it definitely ISN'T BC. My daughter in law went shortly after me and her 'lumps' were hormonal, and she was told straight away. If it is a cyst, you should know there and then. All the best.

poemsgalore xx

Jaye

Hi

You should get an indication if you ask although every hospital is different.  I asked on my appointment and they did tell me in phrases like, a worrying lump and suspicious - so I did know on first appointment

Good luck

Jaye x

keeks

Hi jo2797 welcome

I was told on the day of my first visit. After a needle biopsy.  But the nurse said it "seemed like cancer" they won't tell you unless they are sure so my clinic gave the results one week later.

everyone at the clinic understands the complete terror of waiting and will try to be straight with you.

good luck,  

Keeks.

Jo2797

Questions re First Appointment at Nottingham Breat Institute Monday.

Hi Everyone I have my first appointment at a breast care institute on Monday. My GP has referred me after I had noticed some changes, he felt a mass but thinks it feels cyst like. I've been told that I will have an examination and a mammogram but I wondered if anyone knows whether I get to find out what it is then and there or whether I have to wait another two weeks for the results. Having to wait two weeks for this appointment has been really really hard and I'm really worried about how I will cope if I have to wait another two weeks for the results. Any information gratefully received. X