Questions to ask at final oncology appointment

Hi, I finished radiotherapy five weeks ago and my followup appointment with my oncologist is next week.  Does anyone have any suggestions please of what questions to ask her. I just know I will think of something after I have seen her and am trying to be prepared.

Thanks x

Hi Heather. I finished my rads in mid August and had my follow up appt with the Oncologist this morning. I was examined to check my skin had healed (it has as it never broke down or got too badly burnt) and was asked if I had any queries or worries - I don’t! I was then asked to ring my breast care nurse for another review in 6 months, to keep taking the Tamoxifen and to attend my annual mammogram appt without fail. I’m lucky that I have a close friend who is a BCN locally and so texted her. She’s going to sort out my review appt and mammogram for me for April/May (to suit me) next year:) I can’t give you any suggestions about what to ask your oncologist except have a think about how you’re feeling. Do you have any queries about your treatment? About what happens next? Write anything down and take your notes with you - always helps me to have a pen and paper handy. Good luck and best wishes for the future:)

Hi there. I had a book and noted down any things I thought about. Big or small. What happens now… who do I see next. … what are the dos and donts. . When could I go back to work. Can I still contact bcn. . Which was a big yes. … I wrote notes at all times. My friend wrote a poelm book during our treatment so I wrote it in there. Such a big support x

Thank you very much for your replies Jay and Charlie. It was good to know what happened at your appointment Jay I’m glad it went well. I will definitely start noting things down as you both say. I’m pleased that we can still contact bcn, mine is very good, and helpful. I will let you know how I get on. Good luck to you both. Thanks again. x