Questions

Greetings you all. I just had breast surgery about a week ago. Surgeons removed several cancerogene lumps in my breast but now there are fluids coming out my wound. I searched online and found out it was seroma. Doctors have advised to remove it once a week via syringe. I also read that gabbage leaf helps. How do i use these leaves? 

Best regards 

Ana 

Hello ANA1969

Welcome to the forums.  I’m sorry to hear of your diagnosis, this must be a very difficult time for you.

As well as the support you will receive on the forums you might find it helpful to talk things through with one of the helpline staff, they are there to offer emotional support as well as provide information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes       

June, moderator

Hi Ana, sorry I cant offer you any advice on this but if I was you I would contact your BCN for advice xx

I wouldn’t use cabbage leaves.If Seroma is drained will be a sterile procedure…may drain on its own.Be advisable to see a BCN,or your practice nurse.I had his following surgery,did my own dressings.take care,and it will resolve.