71587members
375580posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quite worried - waiting for appointment.

7 REPLIES 7
MsClaireyPants

Re: Quite worried - waiting for appointment.

Hi just to let everyone know, I received an appointment today for the breast clinic...9th of Feb, four weeks away.

Fingers crossed it's just a cyst 🙂

Just feel it's been too long a time since first visit to the doctor...20th November to February!

Hope you're all wellx

MsClaireyPants

Hi guys, thanks for the kind replies.

I also have a question...unsure if anyone will know the answer.

After my first appointment, and after she'd felt the lump etc...she asked if I drank a lot of coffee. I said yes, about 8 cups a day (bad I know!) and she told me to cut down.

Is there a reason for this? What is the link with caffiene and a breast lump?

Claireyx

jbug

Hiya, I would give them a ring and chase it up or like someone else said, call your gp and ask them to flag it as urgent. Mine was put through as urgent thankfully, my gp seems to be very good and getting referrals quickly.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Paula xx

Tanya_P

Hi Claire
Don't worry about causing a fuss definately chase it up it's your right. I too was told my lump was nothing as it was too large, not painful etc by 2 GP's. After insisting on a referral I was seen within a week at Maidstone had a mammogram, ultrasound and 2 biopsies where it was found to be grade 2 cancer. All is in hand now but if I hadn't pestered themwho lknows what would have happened. Good Luck and fingers crossed it is nothing for you.

Tanya

Feemac

Hi Claire,

I was put in as a non urgent appointment too and in Scotland where I live this means you should be seen within 4 weeks. It is 2 weeks for an urgent appointment. My appointment arrived 2 weeks after GP referal and I was seen at clinic 2 weeks later.. It wouldn't do any harm to chase it up tomorrow. Sometimes things get "lost" in the system..I know I have to chase up my heart scan every time as it always gets "lost" !! Good luck and I hope you get something through soon.

Best Wishes
Fiona xx

Steph10

I attended the breast clinic about a week after seeing my gp, but I'm sure he referred me as urgent as he must have suspected cancer.

I don't know how long a wait is for a non-urgent referral but you could always phone your GP and see what she says.

LooLoo

Hi Claire,

I would try to chase it up tomorrow as I think nearly a month since your second appt is a reasonable amount of time to wait, although Xmas and New Year won't have helped matters. It can't hurt to ask and I am sure it will help to know when the appt is even it is a couple of weeks away. If you explain to your dr it is causing you extra anxiety I am sure she will understand.

I noticed a dimple on my breast early Feb and decided to get a mammogram privately as I thought it would be quicker and less stressful. For me this was a mistake. Despite being told it would only take a few days for an appt I had to keep chasing it and eventually got seen in early March. Then had to chase for results which I had been told would only take a week. After a problem was confirmed I needed further tests at which point I was so unimpressed with the private care I had had I moved to the Nhs. I was diagnosed in late March. I am in my early 40s.

Hope you have your appt soon and good luck with it.

LooLoo x

MsClaireyPants

Quite worried - waiting for appointment.

Hi guys, hope you are well and having a good start to the New Year.

So, I'm 21 I found a lump on 18th November, went to the doctors on the 20th and she said it didn't feel like a cyst and didn't suspect it was one as it wasn't painful. It's also quite large. She told me to come back in 2 weeks if it hadn't gone away. I duly went back on the 5th December, and even although she was still indicating it wasn't a cyst she said "I'll refer you to the breast clinic to get it drained - I'll put it through as a non-urgent appointment". This really worried me, but she's the doctor and I trust her.

It's now the 2nd January and I still haven't had an appointment through and I don't know how long I should leave it and what my next step should be. But mainly I'd just like to know from anyone (young and older!) the process from when they found a lump or difference to being diagnosed.

Any help would be appreciated, and Happy New Year 🙂

Wish you all the best of healthx