RE: Request from HR for Authorisation to confirm employment absences

Dear all,

I’m in the middle of a battle with my employers. I’ve been of sick for 8 months due to: an investigation for possible secundaries, which let me with PTSD (they came clean), and recovering from a profilactyc oophorectomy. I am working for two different council authorities. One of them allowed me to resume working around 3 or 4 weeks before than the other one. The other one was just making a fuss to try to get rid of me on the ground of ill health. Well, after a week on a phase returned to work with the one who are trying to get fire me, I got a letter from HR, asking me for authorisation to contact the other local authority to confirm my employment absences during my employment with them.

I am quite stress about the whole thing. I find they are comming quite strong on me. I have contacted the EERC, the Information Commision Office and my Trade Union to see what I can do about it. None of them come with clear information. I like to know if you have experienced any similiar problems to this.

Thanks

Verystressnipple

BUMP!

I would go and get advice from the Citizens advice bureau. Your situation does all sound rather complicated but neither authority should discriminate against you on the grounds of ill health. At least they are asking your permission before they apporach the other local authority about your work record although why they think they need this information goodness alone knows. Prehaps Mc Millian could advise you?
best wishes
Caroline