RECALL FOR UNLTRA SOUND AFTER MAMMOGRAM

I have started this thread on behalf of new user Justine

Hi

I was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was 25, 16 years ago. I had a lumpectomy, radiotherapy and tamoxifen, so far I have been clear, yippee! Last Monday I had my 2 yearly routine mammogram and today received a call asking me to go back for an ultra sound scan.

Needless to say I am in a bit of a state, has anybody else had this experience? I am hoping it will be nothing but cant help worrying.

hi hun… no ive not experienced this… BUT … try not 2 go in to panic mode just yet… it could just be scar tissue or anything, it does not mean its anything sinister…try to stay possitive xxx

Hi justine,
Sorry you’re having to deal with this, I know it’s scary! I haven’t been called back because they generally give me my results on the day but I have been referred for ultrasound and even for biopsy after mammo, in my case when this happened it was calcification.A recall doesn’t necessarily mean cancer so try not to panic too much,it may be nothing.
When is the ultrasound? Hope it’s soon so you can at least know what you’re facing (if anything). Will be thinking of you, please let us know how you get on if you can.
With very best wishes and crossed fingers, Julie

Hi Ladies

Thank you both so much for taking the time to email. My ultra sound scan is tomorrow at 10.50 so not too long to wait. I go into panic mode until then…I have had to stay off work and am scared to leave the house…sounds silly doesnt it! Lets hope tomorrow brings happy news!

xxx

No doesn’t sound silly - you’re trying to protect yourself and build strength to face tomorrow. Hope all goes as well as possible! Will be in my thoughts and prayers. xx