RIP Jane Mcgrath

Im very sad to hear Jane Mcgrath wife of Australian cricketer died yesterday after fighting secondary cancer to the bones, I managed to speak to this lovely lady two years ago after doing some fund raising for her campaign, this has made me so upset today she was 42 years old THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!

We are too young to be getting this awful disease, I know its awful at any age but why young women with families to raise?..gonna hug my boy tight today and pray for a cure.

Yes, this is so very sad. I am in Canberra and a quote from the National Breast Cancer Foundation Chief Executive is this “The role model that she has presented to women right throughout her journey has been inspiring, has been very supportive and very encouraging for all women who go through breast cancer. I think also the work the Mcgrath Foundation did in increasing the role of breast care nurses, in supporting and funding breast care nurses is an extremely important one. Until we know how to prevent the disease every woman who is diagnosed with breast cancer will live with the uncertainty of its return and the uncertainty of the outcomes if and when it does return”. Something that is reflected on often in these postings. Nixxic, this must have expecially touched you as you had spoken with her, and raised funds for her campaign. There is no doubt that her legacy will live on. We have to continue to hope and work for the prevention and cure of breast cancer. RIP Jane.

I’m sorry to hear this news. I knew Jane had dealt with further progression a while ago and friends in Oz sent me articles about her and her campaigning.
Sad news…xx

I am so sad about this my MIL is Australian and spoke to me this morning and now I know what she meant by have you heard the news…something she obviuosly didn’t want to tell me. What a wonderful brave beautiful lady gone many many years before her time.

RIP beautiful Jane xxxx

I am really sad to hear this news too. I first heard about Jane when Belinda Emmet passed away. RIP Jane.

RIP Jane.

Love Debsxxx

Sincere condolences to Jane’s family and friends at this sad time from the Moderation Team at Breast Cancer Care.

Condolences … too many young people dying x