Radiation after implant

Hi All,
I am in the unfortunate position of requiring further surgery and maybe rads after a Mx/Recon last July.
I know they try and avoid giving you an implant if you require rads but I already have mine.
Has anyone had rads after a recon/implant? What was the result?
Thanks
Dot
xxx

Hi Dot

Do not know the answer to your question but thought I would bump for you.

Good luck

Jane x

Hello

Plenty of women have reCON before chemo etc. You cannot tell what RT will do to your implant and the rest of the tissue - it is largely a matter of luck, or lack of it. Sometimes the implants harden and have to be replaced depending on how bad it is and on how much you want it swapped. I’m fairly certain that you will feel the skin tighten up around the mound so just don’t be too surprised. Anyway they SHOULD tell you these things but like lots of other things them do seem to slip off the “must tell the patient that information before they have treatment so they can make a fully informed decision” list …

Reg.

Hi again Dot - I’m all over the place tonight - obviously nothing on the box!

I had instant recon with the LD flap with my mx last November, and then had to have chemo., then full node clearance and then rads - just finished you know! LOL!

Anyway, when I had my rads planning, doc said ‘that’s a lovely boob they’ve given you’, and I said ‘yes, and now you’re going to ruin it!’ ‘No we won’t’ - was her reply. And so far so good. Can’t see any difference to it yet - just as well, 'cos didn’t need and implant - not that I was/am fat or anything -

Bugger - wrong button! Where was I … just pleasantly plump - that’s my story, and I’m sticking to it!

So, my recon is all still joined to me, and can’t be replaced - obviously!So I’m sure you’ll be just fine too.

xJacqx

P.S. Dot, just seen somewhere else that you’re being ‘done’ tomorrow - GOOD LUCK! xJacqx