cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radiotherapy after Becker implant

6 REPLIES 6
Cassowary

Re: Radiotherapy after Becker implant

Thanks, SandyToes, i am seeing my BS again next week, but he seems keen to get on with it in less than 6 months, hence my onterest!
jude
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello!
1 year...although some surgeons arrested happy to do it after 6 months...
x
Cassowary

Sandytoes
how long after rads did you have your Beckers replaced with the implants?
thanks Jude
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello, I had a bilateral mx with Becker implants, had rads on one side, and then had them exchanged last month. Mone also fared well and there was no difference between my rads and non-rads side. My surgeon said about 25-30% of people experience an effect on their recon, so hopefuy you will be fine. But I assume you will be getting the implant exchanged after rads anyway?

x
Guest user
Not applicable

I've got an expander implant and just had my first week of radiotherapy. It seems ok so far. AFAIK the main risk to the implant from radiation is capsular contraction. It may not happen but if it does the implant may need to be replaced but that wouldn't be a major issue.
jackster50

Hi Wendy
I had a skin sparing mastectomy with temporary implant. During radiotherapy I slapped cream on the breast before and after treatment and can honestly say 4 months later my breast and implant looks fine. Dont worry the expanders will deal with the radiotherapy and when your ready you can have permanent implants.
Wendy56

Radiotherapy after Becker implant

Hi
Has anybody had rads after having Becker expander implant or any ther implant and what effect did it have?

Wendy