Radiotherapy and veins

hi 

can anyone help. I currently have a Groshong line as my veins have given up completely. I needed a CT scan as had heart damage and they were unable to do as they couldn’t cannulate me and wouldn’t use the Groshong line as not yet finished chemo and won’t risk damaging the line. I have had major problems with not being able to be cannulated. I have my last chemo on Thursday and they are talking about taking the line out soon after. My question is will they need vein access for radiation assessments etc or any blood tests. Every time I have needed cannulation they don’t believe how difficult or impossible it us until they try of course. I am nervous for them to take out line and then find out I needed it.

Hi karen … No cannula for radiotherapy thank goodness … Yay well done on last chemo tomorrow… I’m four weeks out of chemo and had 2 blasts of rads … Good luck take care xx

Hi karen … Hope you are doing ok … Yes ok first week out of way just a bit tired but it it a 4 hour round trip and all appointments mid/ late afternoon so don’t know if it’s that … Trying to drink lots and putting double base gel on lots so far so good glad got 2 days off though …so happy for you to have last chemo done … Know you may feel crap but last time you will feel like this xxx