Radiotherapy in Mount Vernon

Hi,

I’m getting Radiotherapy in Mount Vernon tomorrow on my hip.  Just wondering if anyone else has been through radiotherapy session in Mount Vernon.

Hi Thisisit,

im sorry to hear you’re having to start rads. I haven’t had rads but I do get treated at Mount Vernon so thought I’d say hi, and a work colleague of mine had rads there with her primary and found the staff lovely and the system very efficient. I think we are very fortunate to be at such a large and relatively well-resourced cancer centre. If the rest of the cancer centre is anything to go by, there will sometimes be hiccups and frustrating delays, but once you get in there the staff will be kind & skilled and the treatment good. I think the biggest pain will be the daily grind of travelling and parking!

Wishing you all the best for your treatment.

Jacksy x

I don’t go to mount Vernon but have had rads on my hip. I just had one blast …felt a bit sick for a day or two but otherwise I think it did help the pain.
All the best …it’s just the fear of the unknown but its easy peasy !
Xxx

Hi

I have had my treatments and radiotherapy in Mount Vernon and find the hospital really good and efficient.  There can be some frustrating days as mentioned but generally everyone there is really nice.  How did you get on? xx