cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radiotherapy in clavicle area

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Radiotherapy in clavicle area

Hi. I will not be starting my rads on the 25th as planned. First it was the 24th which they changed because of the strike which I had no problem with and they made it for the 25th. Today they phoned up and changed it to the 26th and then 10 minutes later phoned back and said no it's the 27th but at least I will still finish before Christmas. If its changed again I think I may say something as I will be 12 weeks post op on Monday which is the max time advised between surgery and starting rads.

Highlighted

Thank you elma55 x

Highlighted

Hi SML, yes I had rads to clavicle..good luck for the 25th! xx
Highlighted

Hi Mysticalmoo. Congratulations on finishing your rads. Thanks for your reply and for the reassurance that this is normal. Starting the actual rads on the 25th so will be all finished just before Christmas. Best wishes x

Highlighted

Yep just finished my rads and had it above the clavicle. Apparently this is quite normal belt and braces treatment... Good luck with your treatment x
Highlighted

Radiotherapy in clavicle area

Hi

At last nearly 9 weeks after my surgery I had my radiotherapy planning appointment today. When I had surgery I also had anc clearance however the radiologist told me I was also to have radiotherapy in my clavicle area which at no point has this area ever been mentioned by the consultants I have seen. I have text my bcn but no reply yet as she is off duty until this evening. Has this happened to anyone else?