cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radiotherapy starts june

songbird1958

Re: Radiotherapy starts june

Hi Paula

Glad your first day went ok.  I like your attitude, you have to keep positive dont you.   I had my second rads this morning.  Again went fine.  what cream are you using?

songbird1958

Hi  Fluffyww

hope all goes well for you tomorrow. have had two rad sessions now.  No probs everyone really friendly ,takes more time setting the machine up than anything else.  All the best

songbird1958

Hi Ali

thanks for your message hope your going on well.  Rads went well day one and two.  glad the first couple are over, always easier when you know what to expect. 

Fluffyww

good luck today SJB hope they will answer your questions- hugs x
SJB

Are you all moisturising with E45 lotion? I heard about this online and told my oncologist I'm doing it and she said good, it'll help. Rads start 25th June but still no appointment for the planning session.

It's now 3 and a half weeks since I had my mastectomy/axillary node clearance. Going to hospital today to have my seroma aspirated for the second time. Going to ask what happens if seroma is still building up when rads start, as I have been told there must be no fluid under the scar for rads.

Paula40

Hello ladies
Mune first time went really well 🙂
Maybe I have nit realized what I'm going through but I'm taking this like if I was running a beauty treatment. I hope to keep the spirit and that all of you feel good as well
Thank you for the nice words 🙂
Good luck
Xx
Fluffyww

Buzz- i start mine on 5th june too- good luck with yours:-) i didn't have itchy stickers, just three tatoos- 

hope today went ok for you others out there-

I didn't think they will draw on me- so thanks for heads up:-)

wishing us all well XXX

Al-e

Paula and Songbird - I hope today went well for you both (and any other ladies having RT today). I'm just back from my planning session: treatment will start 23 June. Best wishes to us all. Ali
Paula40

Oh... I forgot
12 tatus and a felt pen risk in the boob - I must be twisted 😄
Paula40

Hello ladies
Also star radio today 🙂 I'm glad that finally I'm starting the process
About what to wear, I gave been advised to wear 100% cotton. So, t-shirt with Minie cartoon on 🙂
Good luck
Xx
gemini22

Hi Songbird

good luck on your first day. I start rads on june 26th - planning session this thursday so look forward to any advice. Hope all goes well for you.

Best wishes

L x

songbird1958

Hi Ladies

Start my first radiotherapy session today, a bit nervous, but otherwise ok.   Just be glad to start and get it all over with.    Fuinny isnt it how its the little things that worry you, like what to wear, normally I wouldnt be concerned at all.  

I have found the best way through is to take a day at a time, and try not to worry about tomorrow,  easier said than done sometimes.

Wishing all you ladies who are starting rads this month the best.  Hope all goes well for you.  Take it easy

Jo1

i'm sorry to hear that too, Buzz. Some of the women who had radiotherapy with me last time around had long round trips too. They became very tired as treatment went on, so be extra kind to yourself - put your feet up wherever and whenevr, treat yourself to relaing baths and early nights if you feel you need them - 'you' time is a good help.

Jaye

Hi

I had 3 tatoos done, they are only the size of a pinhead but they draw on me daily with felt pen.

Good luck with starting your rads, sorry to hear you have a long journey daily.

Jaye x

Buzz1

Hi, I start rads this Thurs, 5th June. It's an 80 mile round trip for me, not looking forward to that! Has anyone been 'marked up' with stickers? Mine itch like crazy! x
Jaye

Hi Princessbear

Sorry to hear your rads have been delayed and you are playing the waiting game.

Good to hear you have a holiday to look forward to though

Jaye x

kathy03

Hi Princessbear

I'm sorry to hear your treatment has been delayed. It must be very disappointing for you to have to wait. The waiting seems to be the hardest thing.  Try to enjoy your holiday in July.

Thinking of you 

Kathy 

kathy03

Hi Princessbear

Sorry to hear your treatment has been delayed. It must be very disappointing for you to have to wait. The waiting seems to be the hardest thing.  Try to enjoy your holiday in July.

Thinking of you 

Kathy x

princessbear

Thankfully, holiday will still be able to go ahead. The testing takes a while from what I've heard. We have an eight page form to complete this weekend which will then be sent with the referral from the oncologist. It could be a few months before we have a result and if I then end up needing rt it'll probably be sep/Oct time! What a crappy year 2014 has turned out to be. My husband calls it our annus horribilis! Good luck to all the ladies on here starting rt soon xx
Al-e

Hi Princessbear, I'm so sorry to hear it's all up in the air for you. The waiting and not knowing is so difficult. Hopefully the point at which we can all look back and know that it's behind us will come soon. In the meantime, sending you hugs and positive thoughts. Ali
Angie55

Hi Princessbear
I was thinking about you and thought your radiotherapy must be coming up soon. Sorry to hear that your radiotherapy has been delayed. I know you were hoping to take a holiday in July hope that will still be going ahead. I will be thinking about you. Keep posting to let us know how you are getting on.
Take Care
Angie. X
Paula40

Oh, princessbear, sorry to hear that we will need to wait
Me too, I'm anxious to get it finished
But don't be so hard with yourself, we are never expecting the unexpected, is not human nature
Have a nice weekend 🙂
princessbear

I had my oncologist appointment yesterday so thought I would be joining you ladies and starting rt in June. Was so not expecting what happened next. The onc said she wants to hold off on rt and instead I am being referred for genetic testing. I was so hoping this would all be behind me by July and now everything has been turned on its head again. I guess I should have learned by now to expect the unexpected.

SJB

I got my appointment list for radiotherapy today. I start on June 25th. Don't have an appointment for the setting up session yet though. lol

SJB

I'm hoping to start rads in June. Been to see my oncologist yesterday to talk it through and sign the consent form. Now waiting for the setting up session appointment.

I had neo-adjuvant FEC-T chemo from December to early April, and a full mastectomy and axillary clearance on 9th May. Now back to normal and raring to move on to radiotherapy, then Tamoxifen.

songbird1958

Hi 

thanks for your encouraging words.

songbird1958

Hi 

All the best for the next few weeks.  Im sure we will all come out ok

Paula40

Thank you very much, ladies that went already through radio, for offering your help
Xx
Angie55

Hi Ladies

My advice would be make sure you put lots of aqueous cream on your boob before you start treatment. I finished 15 sessions of Radiotherapy on 25th April. I had a 50 mile round trip but didnt feel too tired. Just take it easy and hope all goes well for you all. As Kathy said any advice you need just ask, someone will have the answer. Keep posting to let us know how you are getting on.

Take Care

Angie. X

Al-e

Thank you Kathy, it must feel great to have the radiotherapy behind you. I hope everything is going well with you. It's a bit of a voyage into the unknown at the moment but knowing there's so much support out there makes it seem more manageable. Thank you, Ali
kathy03

Hi ladies

Good luck to all of you for when you start your radiotherapy. I finished 20 sessions last week. Radiotherapy is very doable. Going to the hospital every day can become tiring, especially if you have to travel a long distance. If you need to ask any questions there are lots of us here who've been there so ask away.

Take care and hope all goes well.

Kathy

Al-e

I think I will be joining you too - probably mid June. I won't know how many sessions until my planning meeting as I may take part in a clinical trial for DCIS looking at optimum number of treatments and/or whether a boost improves chances of breast cancer not returning. Good luck to us all on this next step of the way. Ali x
Fluffyww

I start 5th june- 19 sessions.

good luck X

Paula40

Hello
Me too. Still not know the date but for sure I will start first week June
Wish you that goes fast and smooth
Keep posted 🙂
Xx
Paula
songbird1958

Radiotherapy starts june

Hi  is there anyone else starting rads in June.  I have to go for 15 sessions.