Radiotherapy starts june

Hi  is there anyone else starting rads in June.  I have to go for 15 sessions. 

Hello
Me too. Still not know the date but for sure I will start first week June
Wish you that goes fast and smooth
Keep posted :slight_smile:
Xx
Paula

I start 5th june- 19 sessions.

good luck X

I think I will be joining you too - probably mid June. I won’t know how many sessions until my planning meeting as I may take part in a clinical trial for DCIS looking at optimum number of treatments and/or whether a boost improves chances of breast cancer not returning. Good luck to us all on this next step of the way. Ali x

Thank you very much, ladies that went already through radio, for offering your help
Xx

I had my oncologist appointment yesterday so thought I would be joining you ladies and starting rt in June. Was so not expecting what happened next. The onc said she wants to hold off on rt and instead I am being referred for genetic testing. I was so hoping this would all be behind me by July and now everything has been turned on its head again. I guess I should have learned by now to expect the unexpected.

Hi Princessbear
I was thinking about you and thought your radiotherapy must be coming up soon. Sorry to hear that your radiotherapy has been delayed. I know you were hoping to take a holiday in July hope that will still be going ahead. I will be thinking about you. Keep posting to let us know how you are getting on.
Take Care
Angie. X

Hi Princessbear

Sorry to hear your rads have been delayed and you are playing the waiting game.

Good to hear you have a holiday to look forward to though

Jaye x

Hi, I start rads this Thurs, 5th June. It’s an 80 mile round trip for me, not looking forward to that! Has anyone been ‘marked up’ with stickers? Mine itch like crazy! x

Hi

I had 3 tatoos done, they are only the size of a pinhead but they draw on me daily with felt pen.

Good luck with starting your rads, sorry to hear you have a long journey daily.

Jaye x

Hello ladies
Also star radio today :slight_smile: I’m glad that finally I’m starting the process
About what to wear, I gave been advised to wear 100% cotton. So, t-shirt with Minie cartoon on :slight_smile:
Good luck
Xx

Oh… I forgot
12 tatus and a felt pen risk in the boob - I must be twisted :smiley:

Paula and Songbird - I hope today went well for you both (and any other ladies having RT today). I’m just back from my planning session: treatment will start 23 June. Best wishes to us all. Ali

Thanks Songbird. Good luck to Fluffyww, we can compare notes tomorrow!! I don’t know what kind of cream to use, my skin has gone a bit haywire since chemo and surgery and seems to react to anything I put on, doc says I’m allergic to lanolin…never been allergic to anything in my life before! xx

Hi all,
Just had results back after chemo and two surgeries, they’ve finally taken enough tissue and 5 of my 14 nodes were infected. But great news I’m moving on to radiotherapy now !
Think I will be starting at the end of June and will be four and 1/2 weeks of treatment on two areas !
Not quite sure what to expect but it’s got to be easier than chemo and surgeries :slight_smile:
Hope you all get on well
Kay xxx

Well that’s the first one done!! It was uneventful. I was surprised they gave a ‘blast’ in 3 different areas, in my ignorance I thought it would just be one!
Paula, I’ve been on tamoxifen for about 10 days now. No side effects to speak of. I get hot flushes which are more like little warm feelings, but they started during chemo and tamoxifen hasn’t changed them x

Buzz, how come you started Tamoxifen before rads? I have my prescription but don’t start taking them till after my radiotherapy because the two interfere with each other…

My oncologist. It says on her prescription “start day following final radiotherapy”. All my monthly chemo group have been told the same and they are scattered across the GB.

Fluffy - well done! sounds like you had a more eventful day than me! I haven’t noticed any warm feeling…yet…!! I’ve had precious little side effects from anything so far though (fab really but not good for getting sympathy from friends and relations ;))
SJB - I wasn’t told that about tamoxifen and radiotherapy, Onc just said I could start after I’d had a review appt after surgery. I will ask them tomorrow, no point in taking it if it’s not doing it’s job during rads.

I just googled it. Basically the tamoxifen decreases the effectiveness of the radiotherapy and increases a risk of fibrosis in surround area.