cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radiotherapy tattoos

4 REPLIES 4
Optimissy64

Re: Radiotherapy tattoos

Thanks Charys I did htink they probably wouldn't fade, since people who have ornamental tats don't have them fade, so that's clarified. Think I'll leave it all alone for now as I am already nearly forgetting about them. x

Charys
Community Champion

Hiyer Optimissy,

I can only reply from what I saw at a self help bc group, where everyone pulled their tops down to show their central spot tattoo. That sounds rather odd lol, but it came up as a topic of conversation when someone who hadn't had rt queried what we were talking about. Some had had rt many many years prior and the tattoos were there as clear as day. I don't think they do fade from what I saw. Mine are also blue and quite obvious, but to be frank I've kind of forgotten them and they don't really bother me. I know some people, like yourself, who feel very strongly about them though.

x

Optimissy64

Thanks Anna.

Anna_BCC

Hi Optimissy

This is a question our nurses may be able to help you with whilst waiting for a reply from our wonderful and supportive Forum community.  Please do post in the Ask Our Nurses area where you will be able to get a direct response from our nurses.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Optimissy64

Radiotherapy tattoos

I am considering having the tattoos removed by laser as they are NOT the little pinpricks I was promised but rather large, (and a fetching blue colour- matches my still-blue boob!). However I am only a couple of weeks post-rads so I was wondering if it was likely that they may fade over time, in which case I wouldn't bother with the removal, not being keen to submit to yet another procedure just yet purely for vanity. Has anyone had their tattoos fade, even if it takes a couple of years? Thanks.