65.8K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rads Babes of April/May 09 - Onwards & Upwards!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Rads Babes of April/May 09 - Onwards & Upwards!!!

Well done Jill on finishing, I have just about recovered from my weekend away, oooh 3am bedtimes ! Had an absolutely fantastic time, it was great to meet up with good friends and actually feel like I was getting back to "normal", well as normal as I'm ever going to be.....

Am sorry to hear that some of you are feeling a bit down, to be expected tho after all we have been through,good days bad days, I just look back at the past 6 months and think omg did that really happen ! I take great delight in my garden and greenhouse and in general I'm being good to me, am also looking to starting up a cake stall at local markets /carboots,so that has given me something to think about and cost out oooh and lots of recipes to tweak much to my familys delight.

Take care all, hope the sun is shining where you are.

Sandra x

LizzyM

Hi all
Hope everyone is OK, it's an odd time, isn't it?

Why is it, when I get told that I will be tired - increasingly so, for the 7-10 days after the last one - I presume that it doesn't apply to me?! And it sooooooo does! Have had some really duff days - weepy, lathargic,- and cannot even find the energy to speak sometimes!!

In between though, generally OK - had a bit of peeling in the "crease" - but skin seems to have settled. Loving the perfect oblong suntan...! - that's some strange bikini design there!

Take care, all - hope work goes OK for those back there,
Lizzie XX

cass141

Congrats on finishing your rads, Jill. It's a nice feeling when you know you're done. I'm sure you're skin will be fine but just keep an eye on it. If skin does break the dressings are magic so they'll sort it. How are the other rads babes doing? Read your other posts Andie and glad you had a good meet-up, it's lovely to put faces to names and get together. Phili, how's work going? It was my first day back today - 4hrs this week then 5 next until I'm doing my f/time hrs. It was a bit scary at first and I had a wobble when I passed the lifts where I used to go up for chemo (I work at the same hospital), but it passed. Then one of our consultants shook my hand and said he was pleased to meet me - he didn't recognise me with my wig and thought I was a new join! Everyone's been really nice though and the time went quite quickly, and it's good to have other things to focus on. Sandra, how are you doing? Good I hope, and that goes for all the other babes. Take care, hugs Pat x

lavendersblue

That's it...I am officially cooked !! Had my last zap today...it all went very smoothly..in early , zapped and back home in time for lunch.

It was great too that the team who started my treatment were there again today to finish it...such wonderful girls . I can't praise the staff of Jimmy's enough.

I saw the nurse again today and she has given me some dressings in case my skin breaks down over the next 7 to 10 days . If I need more she says I can get a prescription from my GP or BCN ...which is great.
In the meantime she has just said to continue with the Aqueous cream..., but to stop it if the skin starts to crack or blister etc.

Oncologist to see on Wed ...then hopefully I can breathe again...and maybe have a quick break away in France. Is my life really my own now ...and how can I be sure that I am in remission ?

Hope everyone else is keeping well....

Hugs,
Jill

lavendersblue

I have my last session of rads on Monday, and saw the Doc today , who is pleased with how well my skin is holding up so far....hope she hasn't tempted fate with her comments ....LOL . She has said that she wants me to see the nurse a week after I finish rads to check on how my skin is holding up...anyone else had to do this ?

My hair is growing thicker and curlier but doesn't seem to get much longer , but at least I can abandon my scarves , I never did like my wig !!!! Anyone know how long I should wait before I colour it ? I hate the grey !!!

I have found a brilliant deodorant in Holland and Barret..., NO aluminium and NO parabens . It contains Aloe Vera , smells great AND works....It is made by dr.organic and is called 100% Aloe Vera Deodorant.

Hope everyone is keeping well....

Hugs, Jill

cass141

No Jo, I have a very fine covering of hair, on top it's about 2cm and the rest is barely there but it's coming along. Give it a few weeks and I'll be like the action man doll!!! Still wear my wig when I go out, and will wear at work also, be great when I finally won't have to though. Good luck with your race for life, such a great event. Pat x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip on de oderant Phili.

I wonder if it is the tomaxifen affecting sleep Pat, as I'm having the same trouble!

I did race for life last year before i was diagnosed, and I ran for my Dad as I'd lost him earlier with Lung cancer, and yes it was very emotional indeed! I'm doing it again in July and think i will look at the whole event much differently this time, after all it thanks to funds raised there, that we're all hear to tell the tale isn't it??

Hows you hair coming on Pat? Can you go out without a wig or scarf yet? I can't.

Jo XX

cass141

Hi Phili, great to hear from you. Well done to your daughter, what a great amount to raise too. Her time was excellent, where did she run? Yes, I bet it's extremely emotional at the event, I think I'd like to do it next year but don't really know how I'd feel.
Skin cleared up nicely at last but mood is the pits. Feel very weepy and low. Seeing occy health tomorrow and have decided to try going back to work on Monday (p/t to start with I hope) and if I can't cope then so be it. I think the normality and interacting with other people not connected in any way with my bc will be good, although I do work at the hospital where I've been treated so it's a bit of a double-edged sword.....
Glad work is agreeing with you, the afternoon nap sounds nice, too. How are you sleeping in general - I don't know if the tamox that is making me sleep badly?
On the deoderant, I bought Biosen (sp) and find it okay although not using it on op side as yet. Will look out for the one you mention also.
Hope all you other babes are doing good. As the thread says, onwards and upwards!!
love and hugs Pat x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies. How is everyone? I hope skin (& mood) is improving for everyone. I'm now working mornings until about 2pm, but still feeling very tired so taking to my bed in the afternoon.
My youngest daughter ran Race for Life on Sunday, doing it in under 25 minutes (despite accidentally starting with the joggers instead of the runners), and so far has raised over £400 sponsorship. The friend she was supposed to be running with didn't take part in the end as she was so emotionally overwhelmed when she got there and saw all the dedications pinned on everyone's backs (she lost her mother to pancreatic cancer earlier in the year). There aren't adequate words to express how awful it is. I didn't go along as I had to take my elder daughter to a photoshoot, but I think it's just as well - I'd have been a gibbering wreck. It was moving enough looking at the photos my ex took.
Oh and to change the subject completely, I've been recommended an aluminium-free deodorant by a friend who had her dx 10 years ago. It's an organic, herbal stick deodorant called Tom's and Waitrose stock it. And unlike some of the "non-chemical" deodorants, it actually works! I thought it might be worth sharing the info with you.
Take care all
Phili x

cass141

Hi ladies and welcome Lizzie. I felt the same as you, very flat and not at all in the mood for celebrating. Have continued to feel low, and wondering if Tamoxifen is contributing to this.
Andie, glad you got your prosthesis sorted. Yeh my boob is still swollen and I'm shedding skin like anything. They say that if you're gonna get any sort of skin reaction it's 10-14 days after finishing rads. So I guess it's safe to assume that the skin should start to recover anytime after that.
Lizzie, watch the skin in the crease, that's where my skin broke and got very sore. Once it's dried it's fine but if you get any weeping, contact Rads team to get dressings etc. Mine were really good and, although it took a good week, they worked fine.
On the subject of worrying, my name is definitely Mrs Paranoia!
Hope all are well and enjoy the weekend,
Pat x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi

Lizzie welcome to the 'cooked thread'. I think for the last 3 weeks at least, Paranoia could be my middle name. I feel so forunate that I have the oncologist that I do because she has the patience of a saint with me. I am now 2 weeks past the end of being zapped and according to the people who should know this is when skin is about at its worst. Mine has held up quite well but is so itchy I have to consiously stop myself from rubbing it all the time.

The area is still swollen and yesterday I had my prothesis fitting appointment(I had my surgery back in February so it has taken quite a long while, no ones fault just circumstance,) I thought the nurse would refuse to issue my falsies but she realistically said that nothing about us is symetrical so it would not be a problem. I came home so pleased to have a shape again but very quickly had to return to being flat becaue the bra was rubbing and making the radiated skin sore, especially under my arm.

Do any of you newly cooked ladies know how long it will take before the skin is back to 'normal'

Have a good weekend rads babes

Andie

LizzyM

Hi there
Joined the cooked group, finished yesterday, and promptly buurst into tears! What's that about?! Like a few of you have said before, everyone thinks you should be celebrating, .......but it feels like a bit of an anti - climax? Strangely flat and weepy, but better today. so nice not to be heading off for the hospital!

So far, skin seems OK, bit red in the crease below the breast and nipple very tender. It's more an intense pain within the breast, feels so heavy and achy and swollen. The most painful area is where a suspect second area of activity had shown up on MRI, but a second MRI indicated that it was "normal" tissue and had just shown up due to cyclical activity. Of course, Captain Paranoia is now creeping in and I'm worried that the pain there is because there COULD be something..........Nightmare!!! - bet we will be like this for evermore! Will mention it at my follow up though.......

Sandra, sure you will be having a blast with your mates, Kate, hope things improve for you.

Andie, glad your onc listened to you and reassured you - bet you are looking forwards to that holiday!

Have a good weekend, Rad Babes - we rock!
Lizzie XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all, hope your skin is all on the up and up.I have been feeling great the past few days but have been wiped out today,maybe have been over doing it.

Am with you all on the break front,am meeting up with my uni friends tomorrow,we all get together at least once a year and last year was our silver jubilee,booked into the same hall and actual rooms that we stayed in while at uni and had a ball revisiting old haunts...mainly pubs....lol. This year we will be in Brum so watch out for 4 mad Scottish women singing and dancing and generally celebrating after a mental 6 months.... whoop whoop !

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Sandra x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies,

Andie and Jo, Ithink a break is such a good idea after what we've been through. I'm planning a trip to Spain, one week with John and the other a girlie week at the endof September.

My skin problems are getting worse. The doctor has given me some stronger painkillers, but can't give me anything to put on the burns.
Ihave found this part of the treatment really hard. Just glad its all over.
Babysitting for the 2 little angels and the holy terror tonight, but compared with my hairy hound, he's a picnic.

Hope you are all doing better than me in the aftermath.
Love Kathy

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies.

Jo it sounds like you had a wonderful time.

I had an appointment with my oncologist this morning and went with a long list of questions, mainly because for the last few weeks I have been feeling really low, and paranoid that the BC was already back. I could see all sorts of marks and lumps which in my head were the beggining of Skin Mets and I thought I could feel a lump on my Non BC side. She had the patience of a saint and allayed all my fears. She thinks the lumps and bumps have probably always been there - I have just never noticed, and the lump is my rib!

She wants to see me again in 6 weeks time to see how I am getting on with the Femara that she has prescribed for the next 5 years. After that the appointments will gradually be further apart. Oh Joy!! I feel as if I have been given my life back, in fact I have just booked a holiday for us in Dorset in a few weeks time.

I hope everyone else is doing OK

Andie

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies

Sorry, i've been a bit quiet, but we decided to have a last minute get-a-way with the kids to celebrate the end of my treatment! We booked it a couple of weeks ago on the internet and got a bargain! We went and hired a caravan down in North Devon and the weather was so beautiful that we could have been in the Med!!! The Views were abolutely stunning and the camp site had it's own private beach that we literally had all to ourselves! We just had the best time, real quality time with the kids and it made me realise that our lives are so busy all the time that we don't do things like that often enough!
I've never been on a caravan holiday before and it's another one of things I wanted to tick off the list before I, you know what!!!Since having BC, i've adopted a real 'S*d it, life's too short' attitude, and we decided to take the kids out of school for a couple of days and stay there a bit longer and make the most of this gorgeous weather! I had to be very careful though with the old factor 50 and keep my left arm out of the sun completely (so terrified about lymphodema) especially on our boat trip, that's the worst, wind burn!!!! Still a bit sore after rads so kept chest well covered. Think i've turned the corner though as now I'm just itchy! Underarm still bit sore but it must be where it rubs on bra! Oh well, here I am back to reality, kids at school, husband at work and me feeling sorry for myself again!! Still it was nice while it lasted and think the break did us all good!

Hope everyone is ok!
Jo

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,
Thank goodness the sun is shining. I'm not quite as down as I have been, but I'm still very sore. My skin looks an absolute mess.
My energy levels are low too. Each day I plan what I'm going to do the next day and don't get halfway through the list.
Last night I went to bed really early, I just couldn't keep awake. I woke up and got up about 4. I went back tosleep at 7 for a couple of hours.
We've been out for a drive,enjoying the Kent countryside and I'm exhausted again.
Hope nobody else is suffering after rads.
Love Kathy

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All! I hope you're all enjoying the weather. I'm aiming to work mornings and see what comes in the afternoon. I was taken out for lunch yesterday then slept all afternoon, which was all great.
I can echo what Cass says about feeling a bit overwhelmed, though. I'm feeling rather low too, not sure what to do with myself, and rather frustrated with my low energy levels. I'm counting down the days to my appointment with the surgeon as my knotty boob is continuing to get harder & knottier by the day. I suppose the anxiety about that is tapping away under the surface.
And, to top it all I went to renew my vehicle licence and found my mot is REALLY out of date. Panic, panic! I've booked it in with the garage but not sure what's going to happen about the mahoosive gap. Oh, well, at least the sun is shining.
Take care all
hugs
Phili x

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh dear Pat...post cabbage stage ...... I have got a red line couple of inches long under my boob in the crease of my skin but it hasnt broken open and is dry,am hoping it will just start improving....will have to keep an eye on it, hope your cream and dressing sorts yours out.

I have had to pot up 105 pepper plants that I have grown from seed....very therapeutic,find my greenhouse a relaxing place to be, but a tad hot, best in the morning or evening.....am just trying to enjoy being off the treatment treadmill and making the most of the sunshine, long may it continue !

Sandra x

cass141

Hi all you babes, how you doing? The sunny weather is certainly welcome, although just a bit too hot for me today. Kathy, I'm sorry you're feeling down, I'm a bit like that myself at the mo. I think that now the active treatment is finished, it's the first time I've actually relaxed a bit and now feel like I'm a bit overwhelmed. I think having the probs with skin after rads doesn't help, and maybe the Tamoxifen is kicking in with me, too. Whatever it is, I hope it passes soon for both of us. Sandra, a cabbage leave wouldn't do the trick I don't think! I've started another thread asking for advice as I was worried that skin wasn't healing but apparently it takes about a week so, I'll see how it goes. Well, no hospital appts this week at all - whoopee - that hasn't happened for a while. Hope everyone else is getting on okay - Andie how you doing - will pm you. All the best, Pat x

Guest user
Not applicable

Whoopity whoop, day 10 post rads ! Should be on the up now..... most bizarre thing happenened to my nipple yesterday...omg I was like a snake...the whole top layer of skin sort of sloughed off.....looks pink and perky now so am not complaining,just wondering if it stops there or is going to continue......anyone else had this ? Gosh the things we talk about....lol.

Hope you are all enjoying the sun, I've actually been out in it most of the day and look so much better for a bit of colour, slapped on the factor 50 on and around the affected area and had that covered but do feel all the better for a bit of sunshine....this might be all we get !

Just having some Pimms now, very refreshing and enjoying the evening sun in the garden.
Pat, go get that cabbage !
Kathy, sorry you are feeling down,end of treatment is a lot to get your head around and it affects us all in different ways,have you got a good bcn that you can talk to? You have always got us lot on here...don't be a stranger.

Sandra x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,
Finished today! I have really suffered with my skin, it broke up fairly early. They have taken a swab and given me a large dose of antibiotics and advised pain killers.
I have been given "Mepiflex" and what a relief. It comes in various sizes and can be cut for small patches of bad burns.
Radiotherapy has not been the walk in the path I expected.
Andie and Jo, I'm not feeling elated its over. I'm feeling very low and very tearful. I had a panic attack during treatment today and suddenly felt so frightened.
Iwas going to see "Billy Elliot" tonight but just couldn't face it, so stayed here and had a quiet night in.
I'm going, hopefully to have a quiet few days now.

Enjoy the sunshine and have agood weekend,
Kathy

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi i can believe a week after i finshed my rads i am so sore, not skin sore but aching, but determind to buck myself up for the weekend.
Pat, have heard calendar girls is good mught try and get in to see it. the dressing i got were called 'Mepilex Transfer' the are soft silicone sheets about A5 in size and made of a very thin foam, it is slightly sticky on one side and just incredible, you don't need any plasters etc the whole things sticks to your skin, but is so gentle and stops just under the boob getting more sore .
off to Hampshire tomorrow so not on here until early next week
have a fab weekend

rhian x

cass141

Hi ladies, hope you're all well after rads. I'm soooo sore in a couple of places and the skin has blistered/peeled off. Wasn't given any dressings so will ring advice line when it opens and get gp to give me whatever I get told I need.
Lovely afternoon yesterday - met up with a friend and we went to see Calendar Girls (great show, highly recommended) then strolled round Covent Garden for a while and had coffee. So nice to have a pretty normal day, then found raw skin when I got home and felt a bit of pain!
Also, got appt with occy health on 11th so hope they let me go back to work, p/time at least.
Hope no-one else is having this prob - Lynn hope yours is improving now with antib, Sandra I may need to go and buy a cabbage.......
Enjoy the fab weather,

Pat x

Guest user
Not applicable

Ouch Lynn, hope the antibiotics are kicking in and all with sore , itchiness are having a better time of it.

It's offficial, I have binned the cabbage ! Whoop whoop, rib pain has disappeared ,don't know if that will be back ,am just sporting a bad spotty look at the mo so can't complain.

Think the weather forecast is great over the next two days so will def be buying more factor 50.
Hey Phili, no guilt allowed, we have been through a hell of a lot, rest up when you need to and try not to worry about work, take care all.

Sandra x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone!

Cass - I hope you enjoyed your retail therapy. I could do with some of that but am broke at the moment 😞 Still, I'm planning my annual trip to the WOMAD festival, which should be great.
Sandra - I hope your rib pain is going and the N. Wales weather continues to be good to you.
Rhian - I'm glad your skin is calming down and you had a good weekend. Sometime too much grape juice is just what is needed! I know what you mean about feeling like a naughty girl - I've started a bit of work, but some days I'm still feeling soooo tired that I've done nothing at all. Boy, does the guilt creep in!
Lynn - sorry to hear about your infection. It sounds really sore! I do hope the anitbiotics knock it on the head pronto.

The weather looks set to be good for the next few days, so I'd best get into town to buy some factor 50.
Keep well, everyone
Phili x

Guest user
Not applicable

boy that sounds sore and uncomfortable, my broken skin has healed thankfully i was told the first day it cracked not to use the aqueous cream as while it moisturises it can also encourage infection. its very strange not having to rush about keeping appointments. though i can't believe how much i am aching, today has been truly awful wasn't sure if its because the temp outside dropped a bit today and it was a bit chilly this morning even when having a flush.
Lynn hope infection clears up quickly xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Hope you are not all having withdrawal symptoms from not having to go to hospital every day.

My GP confirmed I had an infection from the burn so I am now onon two lots of antibiotics for two weeks which upset my stomach. Infection has developed into a lump which my GP says could burst - lovely.

However, as I had a very high temperature I didn't suffer any hot flushes or night sweats so somethinggood came out of it. However as temperature has gone down they are now creeping back.

Hope you are all having a good week.

Lynn

Guest user
Not applicable

heelllloo
warm nights, aqueous cream and stingy, ichy skin in the end had to sleep with no top on, redness is starting to calm down and yes the firmness and swollen feeling seems the norm from what the rads girls told me and calms down as the skin settles. i was down in Hampshire (boyfriend lives there) start of the weekend but then came back up to London weather was so fab and it makes such a difference doesn't it. lit the bbq two nights on the trot and drank a little too much grape juice. this week its been wonderful not having to travel to radiotherapy and i feel like i am a naughty girl , not working and not attending some sort of treatment. I took an antihistamin (spelling) to help with the itching and it did seem to work.

hugs rhi xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all, hey Pat hope you arn't too itchy, you should put some cabbage on that ! Im just about to bin mine...been sitting in the fridge the past 3 weeks so prob past its best !

Am fine and dandy just having a bit of rib pain off and on but not too bad. My rad boob at the start really did firm up and appear swollen bit it has def softned now and isn't quite so perky and is slowly slipping into my armpit when I lie down......

Weather has been great in North Wales slapped on the factor 50 and hoped for the best !

Sandra x

cass141

Hi ladies, yes Andie, London is a bit wet! Although sun keeps coming out so it can't make it's mind up. The boob that was zapped is quite swollen and firm, as well as being very dark in colour and itchy. I think this is normal and should settle as time goes on. I'm still religiously slapping the cream on in the hope that skin holds up. It does feel very dry.
Phili, glad you had a good weekend, I felt quite tired just reading about it! Good for you, and as for the young man, you go there girl! I had a really lazy weekend, had my mum round for lunch Sunday and that's about it. Was al ready to go to Canary Wharf for some retail therapy and the Jubilee Line was suspended so going today.
How's Sandra - I bet you don't miss all that travelling.... Hope you're well, and everyone else. love Pat x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all! Hope you all had a great weekend.
Mine involved a little more alcohol than was strictly necessary, which meant the night sweats were a bit of a pain. Still, ego boost by way of being chatted up by very young man on Friday night, great afternoon with my sister & Mum on Saturday, friends round for lunch on Sunday followed by live outdoor music in town, picnic by the river yesterday, then supper at a neighbour's - all round very relaxing & enjoyable with fab weather to boot. I've just got to get my head round doing some work now.
I hope everyone's skin is behaving and a good week is ahead of us all
Phili x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Hope you all had a good Bank holiday.

5 days on from the end of rads and at the moment my skin seems to be holding up OK. The problem I have is that towards the end of the rads the are being zapped became slightly swollen. I mentioned it to the nurse who didn't see it as a problem and gave me the impression that swelling is normal. Have any of you got this and has anyone any idea how long it takes to go away again.

In London today it is absolutely pouring with rain so today looks to be a really lazy day again!!

Take Care Rads Babes

Andie

cass141

Hi all, hope everyone's enjoying the bank hol - weather in London is muggy and overcast and a thunderstorm is on it's way later - great! 😞 Lynn and Jo, hope you're feeling better. Flushes and sweats are really horrible aren't they, on top of everything else. I don't feel too sore at the mo but am extremely itchy! Specially under the boob and collarbone that was also zapped - I could happily rip it to pieces! Just slapping on the aqueous and trying to distract myself from the itch.... Hope everyone else is doing okay and no problems post-rads. love Pat x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Hope you're all enjoying the lovely weather.

I ended up having to see the emergency doctor this motning. I had a high temperature all night and boob has been really painful and got red again. He suspected an infection so am now on two lots of antibiotics and have spent most of the day in bed.

Glad I'm not the only one wrapped in winter woollies all the time.

Lynn

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies, I've found you!
Finished rads yesterday but Very sore today and suppose it will get worse! Joy!!
Re Tamoxifen, i've been on it 22 days and sometimes experience nausea but seems to be settling a bit! Hot flushes are horiffic and yes inbetween hot flushes I'm frozen! I feel like a Grannie wearing my cardi whilst everyone else in their summer gear, then all of sudden I peel it off for 2 minutes whilst I can't breath and go purple in the face, and sweat like a pig and then hey preston, I'm freezing again! It's a laugh a minute this menopause! Didn;t expect to experience this for at least another 15 years plus!!!
hope you're enjoying bank hols!
Jo XXX

Guest user
Not applicable

Ooh am not looking forward to hot/cold flushes ! My body doesn't know what the hell is going on, had to have my coil taken out after 4 wonderful period free years so with that and the tamoxifen it doesn't know if it is coming or going ! Think it's in adjusting mode at the mo....not quite sure what it's adjusting to though !

Sandra x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sandra

I've been on Tamoxifen since 1st April too. I devceloped night sweats etc during chemo though. They went awy for a while (after acupuncture) but came back almost immediately I started tamoxifen.

They were bad today - I sat in the office - one minute bundled up in a thick cardigan - the next throwing it off and putting the fan on full blast. Luckily the people who share an office with me are very understanding (although the two young lads don't really understand why!)

Lynn

Guest user
Not applicable

hi

only just got on here. Had to go back into London and that ended up dragging out, so late home and of course all the usual things still need doing. Lucky i am not working at the moment so need to now try and do some resting ha ha but just got to cram a few things into this weekend first.
Sandra, yes i am zonked and i too have the square redness, boob very sore today so having to wear a dressing on it, and its all crusy and horrible so annoying i was so good slapping on the aqu cream, but the clinic have given me a supply to DIY over the next few days as they say i will continue to 'cook' for a day or two.
have a great weekend ladies
love rhi xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Ive been on tamoxifen since April 1st Lynn, and apart from not sleeping right through the night like I used to,havnt had any side effects as yet but have been told that they could kick in after 3months..... just waiting for it....... How long have you been taking it for?

Sandra x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Phili - thanks for the thread and well done to everyone who's finished.

Very tired today - think everything is catching up with me - went back to work part time this week.

I have a question for anyone who is on tamoxifen - do you get cold 'flushes' as well as hot ones. I seem to be always cold except when I'm having a hot flush.

thanks and take care

Lynn

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all, I've jumped over here too.
Wow,Rhian are you not totally zonked out,that is some stretch....sounds like you been double cooked, hope you are ok.

I can make out the big square of treatment on my radiated boob now,very bizarre ! Can't complain as the sun is shining and I'm free to potter in my garden and greenhouse,very therapeutic.

Sandra x

Guest user
Not applicable

hello Pat, oh dear on the 3rd ( and last) glass it was just too good 🙂 LOL
let us know if you enjoy calendar girls have seen the posters on my daily journey into london and fancied going to see it. Hot flushes my gyno recommendend a herbal remedy, he says one of his patients recommended it bcoz it worked and since then he has passed it on and has good feed back happy to pass this on, i haven't tried it myself as even though my flushes were full on during chemo and at the start of rads they are getting better.

rhian xx

cass141

Hi Phili, thanks for starting this thread. Like Andie I have one more to go, can't wait as skin is getting quite sore now. Rhian, what a lovely name. 31 sessions - respect! You certainly deserve the bubbly. Andie, started Tamox on Sunday and, apart from bit of nausea and slight tummy cramps it's been okay. I take it last thing at night and am keeping a diary for a couple of weeks to see which SE if any are worse. Then I'll go for starflower or evening primrose if flushes are bad. Spoke to a good friend earlier and she had 2 tickets for Calendar Girls next week so I'm going with her, can't wait! It's matinee performance so hopefully I won't feel too tired.
Phili, I love the title of this thread, it's onwards and upwards for us babes now! love and hugs Pat x

Guest user
Not applicable

Andie - you've found it! And last one tomorrow for you - whoopee!!! A friend of mine has a prosthesis, but is quite petite so doesn't always bother with it, though says it's useful when she's going to anything "dressy".

Rhian - thanks for joining us. 31 sessions - crikey! Enjoy your glass of bubbly, you deserve it. And I hope your trip to see the consultant tomorrow goes smoothly.

Phili x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Andie

I spoke to a lady the other day who was saying the very same thing, but said she would most prob still get fitted but not use at least you then have the choice.

rhian xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Phili

Found you!! Thanks for starting this new thread. It will be great to keep up with all my new cyber friends. I'm sure that we will still find things that we would like to check out with each other.

My last rads tomorrow then onto the joys!! of tamoxifen.I still have to be issued/fitted with my prothesis 3+ months on from surgery. I seem to have adjusted to being flat now so not sure if I will bother.

Take Care and thanks again

Andie

Guest user
Not applicable

Hellooo

Been following you ladies and only just posted earlier on the other thread. i finshed rads today after 31, just having a glass of bubbly, was going to meet a couple of friends from work but just exhausted and still have one more trip into london tomorrow to see consultant.

thanks for starting new thread and look forward to keeping up to date with how everyone is getting on

Rhian xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Rads Babes of April/May 09 - Onwards & Upwards!!!

As threatened, here's a thread for those having been cooked in April & May, so that we can all keep up-to-date with each other's progress as we finish.

I have to say nearly a week on from finishing I'm really suffering with the exhaustion kicking in. Luckily work colleagues are being brilliant & have instructed me not to over-do things, so I'm just doing an hour or two a day from home. Roll on some normal energy levels returning!

Phili x