65.8K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rads Babes of April/May 09 - Onwards & Upwards!!!

98 REPLIES 98
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Rads Babes of April/May 09 - Onwards & Upwards!!!

ps not sure what has happened to my photo!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hiya

I am still here and checking the thread , i hope everyone else ok too

xxx

cass141

Hey ladies, just checking up on the rads babes, hope you're all doing well. x

lavendersblue

Good to hear the reduction is looking good Rhi , and that your breast surgeon is so sympathetic. Hope you continue to heal well.

I know what you mean about weight....I lost loads on chemo...but since my pro-active treatment has finished , it is just creeping up again....not sure what to try to get rid of it...if you find a miracle cure do let me know...LOL.

Boob still swollen and painful , but will hopefully hear from the clinic about new appointment soon.

Hugs, Jill

Guest user
Not applicable

aarrgghh that must be so annoying and very unfair, why did they have to cancel, is the lymphoedema getting any worse while you are waiting.

Boob reduction looks really good i have the most wonderful breast surgeon she really is fab, i have been very lucky to have the breast reduction so quickly. she has given me a side scar same as right side so i sort of look symetrical. Its been nice to take my mind off the cancer and treatments, the side effect of them all haven't gone away but the reduction surgery has been great to take my mind off it all. Next task is to try and tackle the damn weight gain.

hope you are having a good weekend despite the weather

xxxx

lavendersblue

Typical .... heard from the clinic on Monday , that my appointment on the Thursday would have to be cancelled....and that they would let me know by post of the new date...still waiting.

The first appointment took 3 months to come through so hope this one does not take as long.

I am still slapping on the Aqueous cream too Rhi. good to hear that your scar is healing well, and you are not in too much pain....does the reduction look good ?

Hope everyone is keeping well..

Hugs, Jill

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jill

glad to hear your skin better, i still plaster moisturiser on everyday.

Sorry to hear about the lymphoedema and hope you get help at the clinic, there are a couple of other threads on this site about lymphoedemia of the breast, might be worth serching out.

Changed my dressing yesterday so it was the first time i got to take a good old look at the surgery on the reduction, its looking great scar seems to be healing, and surprisingly there is not much pain, but hey i think we have all been through so damn much are pain theresholds are pretty high now and simply surgery not a problem compared with some of the other stuff we face.

hugs Rhi xxxx

lavendersblue

Hope all goes well with your healing after the reduction surgery Rhi.
Are you very sore ? Typical that you managed to get to the Job Centre , but the girl did not....hope you get sorted out soon.

My skin is finally almost healed up under my boob and looks almost normal again....boob is quite suntanned compared to other one though.

I have been told that I will get a mammogram on the anniversary of my op....but not sure whether that is the first op or the second one...so will wait and see. As I have Lymphoedema of the breast tissue and my left boob is still swollen and painful , I am definitely not looking forward to that !!

I have an appointment at the Lymphoedema clinic on Thursday, so I will see what they say and report back....

Hope everyone else is keeping well

Hugs, Jill

Guest user
Not applicable

Well Helloooo ladies, i haven't been on here for some time, i am glad to see you are all doing pretty well and there is so much positive stuff from you all. I changed my profile photo as my hair has started to grow and yes its curly, i too haven't had curly since a bad 70's perm oh boy what were we thinkinh back then ha ha . i went and had the reduction surgery on my left boob on Monday, even my surgoen saif i was 'pushing the boundaries' but feel i needed to get it out of the way to move on. I am due to have my 'checks' at teh end of August, i am surprised that there are some who don't get offered them seem only fair to offer everyone a scan and mamogram or ultrasound at least. So i am sitting here all trussed up in badages but at least this time they are for a more positive reason. I must admit the surgery knocked me for six but feel ok today and can't wait to ge teh next couple of weeks out of the way as i get a new car. Because i am now havign to claim incapacity benefit i today decided to go ahead with an interview at teh job centre plus, got there and the girl due to interview me was off sick LOL i couldn't believe it there was me just had surgery and dragged myself there thanks to a friend giving me a lift.
Sandra i was up in North wales last week,Llandudndo and Mold 🙂
love rhi xx

lavendersblue

Am off for a Dexa bone scan on Friday as I am on Arimidex for the next 5 years....has anyone else had to have one of these ? Just wondering what to expect .

I am now 4 weeks post rads and my skin is slowly healing....still have a large patch of pink skin in the crease of my breast, which I am still putting dressings on..to stop my bra from rubbing . I am also suffering from swelling , redness and pain in my left breast...not sure if this is left over from the rads or due to the lymphoedema that I had before I even started the rads !!!

Hope everyone else is doing well...

Love, Jill

cherub

I'd always had poker straight hair so for me the curls were a shock, it was about 9 months before they went and I used blow dry stuff for straightening, plus my hairdresser used the straighteners on it when she finished it off.

2 years down the line I'm still grey (was a brunette before), it's pewter with silver highlights and I like it, but I'm getting to the stage where I fancy a change. I always had my hair coloured professionally every 5 weeks, so if I do decide to colour I would go back to that as I have not done it myself for 25 years. Also, I would not be confident about tinting a whole head of grey myself.

Hairdresser has advised if I want to do it I can't go back to being brunette as it's too grey and darker shades wouldn't get a good result. I don't want blonde as it wouldn't suit me. I've lived with it like this over the past 2 years as I think it's important to do it for yourself, not because others think you should - believe me, as soon as mines grew back people were asking me when I was dyeing it, it seemed more important to them than the fact I'd had BC! Thing is, my OH thinks this colour is fab and he keeps trying to talk me out of it.

lavendersblue

I don't know what to do about my hair Jo . It is still growing back after Chemo...and is sooooo curly . I have never had curls in my life before...well apart from a bad 70s Afro perm...LOL .

It is also now very grey..and I would like to go back to being blond again...but don't know how long I am supposed to wait . I finished chemo at the end of April, and have read conflicting reports about waiting times..some say 6 months , some less.Anyone got any suggestions ?

I read on another thread that Holland and Barret do paraben free hair dye , but haven't checked them out personally. I get my paraben free deodorant from them though. I am trying to make my life paraben free now, as I reckon even if not proven, they can't be that good for you !!

Hugs, Jill

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry Jill, can't help with dressings question as my skin wasn't too bad but I am still putting aqueous on everyday and I finished rads end of May.

Thanks for the tip on paraben free factor 50, will nip to Lidl in morning as I've been wondering where to get it. Found some on line but only factor 20 and Pat would cross if we didn't use 50 wouldn't she??? Talking of paraben free, any idea's about hair dye? Can't find any professionals that know!!!!

Jo X

lavendersblue

Wow , well done Sandra...your cake stall sounds amazing . Such an ego boost too, back to doing normal stuff .

I had a great break , although it was a tad warm and I couldn't swim in the sea due to my sore skin, which was frustrating !!!Spent my time in the shade lathered in factor 50. Lidl do a really good one...with no parabens .

Dressings seem to be doing their job, and the skin is improving...no longer wet or weepy , although it is still peeling. I am not sure when to stop the dressings as I don't want my bra to rub the tender skin....anyone any suggestions ?

Hope all continues to be OK with your heart Pat....

Sorry to hear about your friend Phili , hope she does well with her treatment.

Hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather,

Hugs, Jill

Guest user
Not applicable

Hope you have a great hol Jill. Pat,glad to hear you have got impressive skin,that sounds a good report.keep slapping on the factor 50 !
Phili, glad you feeling better, it's good to get out and about and let your hair down,sorry to hear about your friend's diagnosis but she is lucky to have you as you are out the other end .

I've just done my first Sunday cake stall at a local market and it was a great success,whoop whoop for me...lol. Have to up my numbers for next week as sold out of everything too early,going to be a summer of baking for me, keeps me out of mischief, feels great being back and doing "normal " stuff.

Big hugs to all, hope you are all fine and dandy.

Sandra x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All and thanks for the nice words. I'm feeling a lot better now (though a little hungover this morning after a fun night out with friends)
Good to hear your news, Jo. Must be such a relief for you!
And Sandra, you always sound so sunny & positive
I hope your skin heals up soon, Kathy, Jill, Andie and Pat.

Pat, I had an ecg as part of my pre-op assessment as I mentioned I've been having palpitations for some time now. I think it can be a "normal" menopausal thing, and it's certainly worse on days when the power surges are more active. Very disconcerting though.

I found out this week that one of my friends has just been diagnosed. Fortunately it's been picked up very early by a routine work-related health check. She seems to be coping incredibly well, is quite convinced it will be fine and that it's just a nuisance that it's going to interfere with work! We all cope in such different ways. I did get very cross with a mutual friend though. He said "she'll be fine. It's nothing to worry about: it's very common these days." To which I replied, "yes, like testicular cancer". Of course he didn't like the notion of that and said he didn't want mention of precious bits being messed about, and I said "no, neither do we". What an a**e!!!
Well, rant over. I hope you're all having a lovely weekend and enjoying the sunshine. And yes, Pat, I have a handbag-size bottle of factor 50 to carry around with me!
Take care all
Phili xxx

cass141

Hi all, hope you're all enjoying the weather, although I must admit, for me it's just a bit too hot. Never satisfied! I had my 6week checkup after rads. Onc was very impressed with my skin, said I'd looked after it really well and the raw bits from rads are all healed beuatifully (her words!!!!). I asked her about my ct which my lung dr had asked for. She said it wall all fine, and that a tiny bit of fluid had turned up around my heart. That, together with the info I gave her about having palpitations, especially in the morning when waking, prompted her to send me for an ecg. I assumed it was the tamox but she thinks not. Anyway, ecg normal, heart sounds and looks normal so she said she'll see what my chest dr wants to do, if anything. I was worried about her finding new lumps and bumps, didn't give heart a second thought! She says it nothing to worry about so I must believe her. Has anyone else had this happen? Onc says inflammation can cause it....

Well, take care all and remember the factor 50! Sorry, I do nag, don't I!!!!

love and hugs Pat x

lavendersblue

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone, these forums have been a Godsend of support...

Pat , good to hear that you started to heal up after a week of dressings...hopefully I will too.

Sorry to hear that you are back on the A/Biotics Kathy , hope it all clears up soon.

Andie , is your skin dry and peeling ...like sunburn ?

I have packed all my dressings , and far too many clothes for a week...LOL . We are off tomorrow...will let you know how skin is progressing when I get back.

Hugs to all...

Jill.

Guest user
Not applicable

I'm no longer peeling and actually thought my skin was improving after awful burning and strong antibiotics. Unfortunately the area has become inflamed and itchy, so I'm back on a/biotics, hydrocortisone cream and the wonderful geliperm.
Jo and Andie so pleased about your outcomes this week.
Kathy

cass141

Jill, I had exactly the same as you after rads. From the time I started using the dressings to it healing up was a week or so. I changed the dressings twice a day and in between I let the air get to it for a few hours, which semmed to have helped. Sure you'll be okay for your trip. Enjoy.

Pat x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

I finished rads 5 weeks ago and have still got skin peeling,
it doesn't hurt, it's just annoying

Andie

lavendersblue

What great news Jo , I am so pleased...now you can enjoy your summer.

I am a nearly two weeks up after finishing rads and the crease under my boob is now raw ,this started on Tuesday, first week wasn't too bad ..... My skin has peeled and more to come off by the look of it !! I am putting my dressings on , but just wondered how long it took for the skin to heal and dry up ??

We are hoping to go to France on Sunday , just for a week and I don't want to have to cancel that.....but a bit concerned about what will happen to my skin if it doesn't start to dry up soon.

Hope you are all keeping well...have a good weekend .

Hugs, Jill

LizzyM

Jo, really pleased, great news!

Have a good weekend, all
Lizzie XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Whoop it up Jo, am really pleased for you, must have been hell going through that with more worry.Hope the dizziness sorts itself out.

Hope you are feeling better Philli, double edged sword isn't it, you want to get back to normal and get on with life but after what we have been through am not quite sure what normal is...think we just learn to cope with it all, it is bound to still touch us though as we have lived through it. I'm just thankful that i'm out the other end and enjoying the sun! Long may it shine on us all !

Hugs to all the rads babes.

Sandra x

cass141

Jo, fantastic, brilliant news, the best. Here's to a wonderful summer. Pat x

Guest user
Not applicable

Great news, I live to fight another day! Have spent all day beside myself with worry, Michael managed to track down the Onc eventually just before 5pm. She said they're not supposed to give results out over the phone but he explained what a terrible state we were both in and thankfully she told us to go and celebrate as brain scan was all clear! I can't begin to describe how I feel as I was so sure that this time, there really was something more serious! The dizzyness and numbness in my face remains so she says that we will discuss the course of action at my next appointment on 6th July. I'm not going to worry now though, I have so many really wonderful plans this summer starting with Take That at Wembly next Friday and Sat/Sun in London Metropole with a couple who are our best friends who have been so supportive throughout my treatment and looked after all 3 of my kids during half terms etc whilst I was having chemo! Really feel now that life is about to begin!!

Hope everyone else has had a great day as well and enjoyed the sunshine! Long may it last.

Jo XX

lavendersblue

Glad that you managed the MRI scan OK Jo, hope the results are good and don't take too long to come through...

Sorry to hear you are so low at the moment Phili , this recovery thing is a real Roller Coaster of a ride isn't it ? Lizzie is right we have all been through such mind boggling traumas in the last year...it is no wonder we feel so down from time to time.

I find I could cry at the drop of a hat some days....but managed to have a normal conversation on the phone with my BCN today , for the first time ever...I bet she was beginning to think this woman cries all the time.... LOL . She was also able to re-assure me that I had only 1 node out of 13 infected.

The other week the Oncologist's Registrar , insisted that I had , had two, even though I questioned the fact, as I didn't remember there being two involved . These things tend to be imprinted in the brain don't they !!!

Hope everyone is OK and enjoying the sun in their factor 50s...

Hugs, Jill

Guest user
Not applicable

Lolly73, here's my picture of the same elephant 2 years earlier, he hasn't moved much has he!!!
Jo XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies

Thanks for messages of good wishes. Had mri this morning, not pleasant as suffer a bit from claustophobia, was on machine for approx 10 mins then they came in an injected dye into canular and back in head brace for another 10 mins! Had headphones on listening to music to try and drown out noise of machine, but when 'Feeling hot hot hot' came on I reponded with a hot flush, and thought someone here is having a laugh or what?!!!!Get me out of here!!!!!

Now I've got to sit and wait for results, that's almost as bad as the actual ordeal, particularly as they couldn't find a good vein for canular, veins knackered after chemo so look like a pin cushion again!!

On the upside, boob less itchy today, on the downside totally forgot the factor 50 thing and sat out for lunch yesterday, not even for very long, but today have half a face lobster pink! Nice,- only half as other half in shade and a nice white stripe across top of my forehead that was under scarf! Just goes to show ladies, they weren't joking, cover up all!

Jo XXX

LizzyM

Phili, sorry you've had a downer - (((hugs)))) - sometimes wish we all lived next door to each other - we could give proper hugs! I seemed to spend nearly all of last week in tears, very low and absolutely whacked, but much better this week.
When you think that the body take 6 months to get over ther rads - and the onslaught the chemo babes cope with, not to mention surgery......oh, and the small matter of a pretty "didn't see that one coming" diagnosis.....why should we expect to be all singing and dancing already?

Think that is a bit of a concern when going back to work, others seem to assume that "It's all done / sorted /well done/ you've coped/ now, crack on - back to normal" And we know different!

Jo, good luck with the scan, will be thinking about you today. Sorry, hun, you're nowt special with the itchy boob! - mine too!

Hope those premium brand dressings do the job, Jill - and you get to France.

Hope the rad chicks can all enjoy this fab weather,

Lizzie XX

cass141

Good to hear from you Phili. It's rotten when you feel so down, it just comes out of nowhere. And of course you're right, it will pass, but horrible all the same. Work is going okay, everyones being very considerate but just want to get back to normal there now. It does occupy the mind for a while which is a good distraction.

Well, take care and pm me anytime. Pat x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Good luck for the scan Jo, and try not to worry to much. And my boob was very itchy for a bit but feels fine now. My nipple is still peeling though!!!
Sandra, the wether looks good here too. My youngest has sports day tomorrow and I've an engagement party/barbecue to go to on Sunday - weather is looking great for both, so out with the factor 50 for me!

Cass - I've had 2 all-day meetings this week so feeling rather tired, but less so than I have. Looking backwards seems to help in that thought I feel tired, when I think back I don't feel as tired as I did. I hope your return to work is doing well.

I saw my surgeon last Wednesday about my contracture and he can do nothing for at least another 6 months. Apparently it takes the (non-smokers) body at least that long to recover from rads. The damage rads does to the blood vessels makes any surgery in the area very unadvisable. I have to go back to see him in December to review & see what he wants to do. In the meantime I have to put up with the adhesion and nipples pointing in completely different directions. Ho hum.

This evening, however, I feel dreadful. Very tearful without any reason. Just feel very alone & crappy. It will pass, but it's not helping that the few friends I've texted haven't replied. I fear I may have worried my daughter a bit.

As I say, it will go
Love & hugs to all
Phili x

lavendersblue

Good luck with the scan Jo , hope all is fine and you get to Cyprus in the summer.

Talking about itching..my boob is hot, itchy and sore all at the same time....the warm weather isn't helping I don't think , or perhaps the rads are building up to a final crescendo of cooking before they abate ...LOL .

I am on Arimidex and also have moments of dizziness , first thing in a morning, sitting up in bed...and if I bend over....getting up of the rads bench always made me dizzy too .

France is still on hold for the moment....just hope expensive dressings work their charm...LOL

Hope everyone is keeping well...

Hugs, Jill

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for all your good wishes for my scan, but no one has answered itchy question so I assume that no one else has that either! Not looking good for me then!

Lolly73, thought I recognized it! We went there Summer 2007! Loved it, only bad point was the holding pen waiting to go over the bridge to the pirate ship side in the morning!!!! Last Summer we did holiday village Turkey, that was fab and this year we're doing the Cyprus one, can't wait! Please God I don't need to cancel it's the only thing that has kept me going thru all my treatment as we booked last August before i was dx!

Jo X

cass141

Hi Jo, hope the scan goes okay on Wednesday. I also thought tamox could cause dizziness. Don't read too much into them getting you scanned quickly, I think once you're on the bc ride they like to check everything out. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Sandra, glad your skin behaved itself. I had scans done after diagnosis as there was node involvement so they like to check bones etc.

Jill, wow expensive dressings, still only the best! Hope you get your hol soon.

Hi to Lizzie and Olwen, yes you do feel vulnerable once treatment finishes, it's quite scary.

love and hugs to everyone else - Phili hope you're not working too hard? Pat x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hope you are all doing fine and the skin is holding up or improving, apart from my nipple peeling I had a bit of peeling under my boob but it never caused any probs .
Gosh you are lucky getting scans, never got any at diagnosis and not offered any after treatment.....hmm on a wing and a prayer here lol.

Weather meant to improve the next few days, getting the factor 50 out again, whoop whoop.
I thought tamoxifen did cause dizziness Jo, fingers crossed for you for your scan.
Jill, hope you get your hol and with your very expensive dressings too, 3 cheers for the nhs !

Sandra x

lolly73

Hi Jo

Yes it is Spain!

Its the Holiday Village Costa Del Sol. We went there last month and had a great time. Have you been there?

Guest user
Not applicable

Forgot to say, Lolly73, love your picture it looks very familiar, it's not Spain is it?
Jo x

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry, not been on for a while. Feeling a bit sorry for myself. The dizzyness i mentioned is really causing me a lot of problems. Spoke to BCN on Thursday and she got me in with Onc 1st thing this morning. Onc says she doesn't think that dizzyness is SE to tomaxifen, so has asked for an urgent referal for a brain scan. booked in 9:40 on wed. Really worried now, everything seems to be moving so quickly so I'm thinking that they're thinking, it's bad!

Also, can I ask have any of you following radiotherapy had itchyness on site of zapping? I'm itching like crazy all around my scar area, do you think this is something else to worry about, didn't mention it this morning to Onc as was too concerned about brain scan!

Take care everyone
Jo X

lolly73

Hi Lavendersblue

Just thought Id reply to your earlier question.

When I was dx it was routine to have a blood test, CT and Bone scan straight away to check for any spread.

I was also told that although its not routine, at the end of treatment if I felt I wanted the scans repeated, then they wouldnt refuse.

Ask for scans if thats what you want.

lavendersblue

Rang the hospital and they advised me to go in so they could look at it. They said they had not seen a rash quite like it before....trust me ...but thought it might be the start of Moist Desquamation....they gave me some Allevyn dressings for it and said it could get worse in the next few days.

If I need more dressings they told me to get some on prescription from my GP as they are c £100 for a box of 10 . WOW ...they just look like squares of foam to me . They do seem to be helping and I know they are good , as I had them for the ulcer that resulted from the wires they inserted for my SLN biopsy . My skin had an allergic reaction to the local anaesthetic , and the ulcer was worse and more painful than my surgery scars !!! .

When I asked about France , they said it might be more sensible to wait another week. So our travel plans are on hold for the moment.Think I will pack anyway..so we can fly off at the drop of a hat..LOL

Hope everyone else is OK

Hugs, Jill

LizzyM

Hi Babes!

Jill, as Pat says, thet crease seems to be the vulnerable area - mine sounds much the same and did peel a bit. Seems to have settled now (2 wks 3 days since last one)

Go to France!! - if at all possible....change of scene is in order, although, yes, agree with Pat, don't let skin get too dry. Have a chat with hospital - but I really hope you go!

Lizzie

cass141

Hi Jill,

I had the same as you in the crease under the boob. The skin actually broke and became quite raw but the dressings they recommended fixed it in a week or so. I'd def ring for advice, also about swimming, especially if skin looks like it might peel. Sea water is also very drying so see what they say. Hope you have a lovely time in France.

Pat x

PS How's the other babes doing? x

lavendersblue

Well a week tomorrow since I finished rads ....no blistering yet, but my skin is VERY sore and the colour of raw liver in the crease underneath!!!I have also developed a rash of browny , purple spots from my scar down to the crease under my boob...all on the underside of the boob.

Anyone else experience this or is it just me ??? Will ring the hospital tomorrow and ask their opinion...

We were hoping to get away to France for a few days...but now I am not sure if I should go or not ? Has anyone been told to avoid swimming in the sea ? I was told to avoid chlorine during treatment, but forgot to ask about the sea...

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

Love, Jill

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jill, I know exactly how you feel, since my treatment finished in February I have slowly been sliding into a depression, I've been blaming the side effects of the tamoxifin but think that there is a strong possibility that its because I now feel as if I'm on my own and very vulnerable. Any aches and pains that I had before BC that I used to put down to age etc etc now worry me. My sister survived BC 15 years ago and she told me that you do move on but how long it takes is anyones guess. Keep your chin up. Regards Olwen

lavendersblue

Went to see the Oncologist today, who more or less said , that is it...don't want to see me any more.... and that I will have six monthly check ups now with the breast care/surgery team , based in another hospital .

I asked how could they be certain that all this treatment had worked...and basically they said they couldn't...but just have to think that it has , and to get on with my life . I know I am being paranoid , but because I had lymph node involvement , I feel I want a scan or something to tell me that I am clear....for the moment anyway. Is this just me , or does anyone else feel this way ?
I am feeling quite low emotionally too ,as if I have been cast adrift on my own , all my pro-active treatment is now finished.. it seems to have been going on for so long , since Sept 08. I gather it is quite a common feeling....but it doesn't make it any better to cope with .

So sorry for whingeing , but know you will understand .Hope everyone else is keeping OK.
Hugs, Jill

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Pat, maybe I should start a mail order business too ! "Flying scones " lol.

Hi Jo, Im on tamoxifen too, coming up to the 3 month mark and don't have any side effects at all...... can't win can we cos I wonder if it's really working ! Hey ho, I just can't be bothered to worry about it,am just going to tootle along going la la la la la .

Hope all the rest of the babes are doing fine and enjoying the sun.

Sandra x

cass141

Sandra, good to hear from you, you sound great, so positive and rearing to go! I'm feeling much better too, I think work is helping and being around other people is great too. Your cake stall sounds a winner, if only us rads babes could road-test the recipes for you.......!!! Lots of luck with that. Pat x

cass141

Hi Jo, yes the lethargy thing seems neverending. I'm only part-time at the mo but shattered by 2pm! Haven't had dizziness, main problem with the tamox - aprt from the hot flashes/sweats is insomnia. No matter how tired I am, I lay there for at least 2 hours and it's driving me mad! I'm trying the ladycare magnet as it's supposed to help with lots of the SE we get, I think the hot flashes are a little better and my mood is also better, they may just be because I'm back at work though? It's a real bummer, after going through all the surgery, chemo then rads to get lousy SE from a little pill. What brand do you take? Pat x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello ladies, My tiredness seems to be getting worse, not better and I finished rads weeks ago! I'm also feeling really dizzy all the time and even worse when hot flushes kick in? Is anyone else on tomoxifen suffering with this? Pat I know you're on it but not sure about you other ladies, Pat how do you feel? I guess you must be ok or you wouldn't have gone back to work?
Jo XX