cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rads and chemo together.....

6 REPLIES 6
Gennie

Re: Rads and chemo together.....

I guess it will be towards the end of your CMF that you start the rads so you will get time to see how it affects you before you start the rads. I know some people go through CMF with no problems. Personally I didn't find it kinder than the epi and it knocked me about quite a bit (although my hair did start to grow back immediately and now nearly 6 weeks after the last dose I have a proper head of hair). But that's just my experience - you might breeze through it and it would be so good to get the rads over with I'm sure.

I start my rads on Tuesday, so that will be a day shy of 6 weeks since my last CMF dose and, with E-CMF being such a long haul, I won't finish rads until the end of October - that'll be about 8 weeks short of the anniversary of my diagnosis!

smelltheroses

Thanks, Crispy and Julie for your replies. Right, feeling optimistic now!

Sheila x

crispy

Hi

Got a friend currently on CMF and rads and there were several ladies having rads whilst on CMF when I was having rads Like Julie these ladies hair was growing back well (I was quite jealous) . Go armed with a list of questions when you have your next appointment.

Crispy

juliet66

Yes it was. I am sure your onc will explain. Think CMF is a much kinder chemo. My hair actually grew when I was on it.

Julie

smelltheroses

Thanks Julie. Yes it is CMF I am due next so maybe not uncommon. Is this what you did?

Sheila

juliet66

Hi,

Yes I think it is quite common to have CMF with radiotherapy.I remember feeling a bit unsure about it at the time.

Julie

smelltheroses

Rads and chemo together.....

It has been suggested that I start my radiotherapy during the second half of my chemo treatment.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this, or has a view?

(Not had my appointment, so haven't discussed it with the consultant yet.)

Sheila x
(Oh, prob won't be back at computer till later today....)