Rads and hormone therapy together?

I finished chemo last week and had another appointment yesterday when they said rads planning next Monday but they won’t start hormone therapy until after rads finished. Is that normal? (or a good idea?) My tumour was 8/8 ER+

They’d previously said they might give me tamoxifen prescription yesterday so I’m now worrying that there’s an unnecessary delay.

i was given arest between rads and tamoxifen but i know others who started tamoxifen before rads - i think it depends on the hospital
Maggie

Some rads doctors think it’s better to wait until after rads to begin taking Tamoxifen because there is some evidence it may not work so well - my oncologist thought it would be a good idea to begin taking it beforehand - even though they haven’t tested my er status!
Maddy x

Thank you for the replies. I have my rads planning next Monday so will ask the doctor about it then. I feel a bit frustrated that I saw the oncologist before my chemo but haven’t had the chance to see him since, just nurses and nurse “clinicians” etc.

I started Tomoxifin 2 weeks ago (4 weeks after finishing chemo) and have my first of 23 rads tomorrow. Im not sure why everyone seems to be different i suppose it depends on the hospital.
Best wishes
Lindiloo x

I had surgery on 25th Jan and started my tamoxifen on 19th Feb and rads on 18th March. I didn’t have chemo so I don’t know if that’s a contributory factor.