1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rads to skull anyone

10 REPLIES 10
Desi-2

Re: Desi hope your rads went ok did you have to have a mask m...

Thanks Jacqi they start Mon 1st Dec any probs and il message you xx
Desi-2

Hi vicky yes I have got a mask think I might ask for it after reading that! Thanks xxx
swanie

finished a run of 5 sessions for brain tumour.  the mask was an interesting experience.  no horrible s.e.  hair is much thinner so tend to wear wig.  sleep a lot at moment but that is slowly gettin better. a bit sickness and some head pian.  the steroids hepl to control this along wit extra drugs.  nothing to be afraid of.  pm me if like Love Jacquixxx

bill-ben

Desi hope your rads went ok did you have to have a mask m...

Desi hope your rads went ok did you have to have a mask made ? I forgot to say I brought mine home and hubby fixed it to a board and now I hang my earrings on it . I was on Fec but as I  said I had to come off as I lost 3 stone in 2 months .I think Fec is pretty aggressive ! Anyway keep taking the tablets and hope they do the trick !! Vicky 

Desi-2

Re: Rads to skull anyone

Thanks Vicky that's put my mind at rest for the rads thank you. I'm going to be starting Capecitabine after as these symptoms have started whilst on Fec so my onc thinks this probably means that's not helping. I think I've seen that that does cross the barrier unfortunately I'm TN so hormonals no good for me. Stable is good though isn't it il be happy with that. Thanks again xx
bill-ben

Hi Desi, I had my brain zapped back in the summer. I had five sessions spread over about 8 days. For the treatment I had, I had a mask made that you have to put on and be fixed to the table.It stops you moving so that the rads hit the exact spot. It doesn't sound good but it really is okay. The actual treatment takes under 10minutes you don't feel anything at all. The information I was given said you could feel sick and lose your appetite so I went off armed with anti sickness tablets but I didn't feel sick at all and by the time I got home was starving hungry and remained hungry right through treatment!! My hair fell out a couple of weeks later! Straight after radio I had chemo which I only managed two of the six sessions I should have had as I couldn't eat and had a dramatic weight loss. I'm now on Letrazole to treat as my onc said from the neck down (I have spine bone and liver mets as well). On the internet I read Letrazole can pass the blood brain barrier but my onc. said no it couldn't. I had a scan a couple of weeks ago which showed nothing had shrunk but neither had anything grown so it's classed as stable! My original symptoms were that I lost vision in my right eye and I was walking like I was drunk! The vision is still not good but the legs are lots better. I hope this helps and puts off any fears you have of the treatment. Best of luck hope it all goes well. Vicky

Desi-2

That's okay another lady has just come with them but she's asking questions of poss symptoms so no experience to share xx
Ethel_horner

Just checking because I can't be sure who's on /not on? X
Desi-2

Might be me Ethel have posted on there about it.
Ethel_horner

Hi desi are you on chat girls as there's someobe on there with these? Or is it you? X
Desi-2

Rads to skull anyone

Just wondered if anyone has had rads to skull and can tell me how to expect to feel and did you have success with it treating symptoms. I've been having headaches and nausea and my head feels like it's having pressure applied to it x