Ratty

Ok, another down question from me… why am I the rattiest person on the planet for the few days after my FEC? I really can’t stand listening to myself at times…my poor children probably think they are living with the mummy from hell and my poor hubby probably thinks the same…even though they say it is ok and they love me, I don’t like me at times.

Hi there… I found this too. Not always ratty - but certainly completely ‘flat’. Nothing would entertain me, nothing would be fun, all chores were annoying - so much so I could sometimes scream. I decided it must be down to lack of brain-chemicals, the ‘uppers’ that would normally keep you feeling cheerful and focussed. It was difficult dragging myself through some days after FEC, cos nothing entertained me for more than about 15 minutes, so I made the point of setting up somewhere comfy in each room of the house, along with something to focus on (a book, a video, the laptop, a relaxation tape, a jigsaw, the phone…), and would then shift from room to room to while away my time. It helped - and my partner quickly got the message it was best to leave me alone when I was in this ‘mode’. If all else failed I would force myself out on a short walk.

Hi, i’m on tamoxifen, and since i got diagnosed before any treatment, well, i have been horrid to my poor hubby most of the time, think it could be that two months ago i had control of my life, now, well, think the control has slipped a lot, and lets face it, its so much to take on board, and i’m a private sort of person, so have found all the visitors a bit daunting, and have even taken to lying so people will think i’m out (this mainly applies to the outlaws) but luckily my husband realies that this is not the real me, and hopefully it won’t last too long, but i don’t feel too bad about being bad tempered, because i have a right to be angry and confused, i think its worse to bottle it all up

lots of love

Alison