Reality setting in now...

Before I just got on with it… half of me didn’t believe I had cancer… but on Friday night I had my hair cut and it got to me that it was the last time I would be having it cut for a long while! I had to also go to the GP unit yesterday as I thought my scar from my lymph node biopsy was infected and I had a stitch hanging. Had to explain why I had the biopsy etc… when I got there they asked if I wanted to sit in a side room away. I’m only assuming this is because I’m more risk to infection? I declined but when I sat down it hit me that I don’t want special treatment. I got in pretty quickly aswell which I don’t expect either! It’s just the small things that are getting to me. X

Hi
I don’t know why we all get upset about losing our hair…we just do. It is a very difficult time, but a short time in the scheme of things. It will grow back. I managed to throw away my scarf just 4 months after chemo.
It’s also weird getting special treatment , but embrace it. You deserve it.
Best wishes xx

Well queen bee your def not the only one! The app for one can doc meeting came a few days back and have started to get really anxious about my hair hats scarfs eyebrows the whole bloody lot, I know know what you mean about just getting on with it putting it to back of mind then it hits you how much you are going to change and got a dentist app without a wait!! I really need to around normal everyday stuff but can’t as not at work my mother in law smokes and even though I have made a few subtle hints about it she is still puffing away if I visit and it is really getting to me as I feel I can’t go to visit her because of it she thinks I’m being paranoid but I’m not sure I agree with her and don’t want to preach when she is in her own home!!!

I think its recognised how hard this journey is so hey enjoy the little bonuses, we do deserve them :slight_smile:

I do want what I am going through recognised, not ignored or dismissed as minor, its not.

I personally think bald women are stunning, and have seen some amazingly real wigs and beautiful hats and scarfs.

And so much help by McMillan or Breast cancer care to look our best even when we don’t feel it.

Be kind to yourself :slight_smile: