Really appreciate your thoughts...

Hi ladies, really hoping someone can advise me… a bit of history.
DX Sept 08,lobular, lumpectomy,radiotheraphy, full lymphnode clearance 3/20 nodes involved, Hormone receptive 8/8 6/8. Been on tamoxifen for 2 years.I also have truncal lymphoedema. For the last year I have felt better than I had for years.
However 6 weeks ago started to feel very tired with very little energy.Last week I visited the GP who did some blood tests-Liver profile, bone profile, full blood count, electrolytes, thyroid, glucose.My blood pressure was also very high. Just gort the results and she said all clear although potassium was slightly raised- told her I eat 4 banannas a week :slight_smile: . I have a bump on my neck but wouldn’t say it was a lump. Now I don’t know whether I should just try and forget- some friends say I should see my BC consultant as it could be related…I don’t want to waste anyones time and the symptoms seem a bit vague!Be really grateful if anyone has had anything similar.
Thanks
Beth

‘Waste’ as much time as you need to. I had a tiny bump in my reconstructed breast and the GP told me ‘you can’t get cancer in a new breast - so don’t worry, it is just fatty tissue’, so I got on with my life as I didn’t want to ‘fuss’. Three months later it was 2cm across. I didn’t bother going back to the GP, I just went straight to the surgeon and demanded to be seen. It was a recurrance, but by now, more serious than if I had been referred originally.

So, do whatever you need to to get a thorough investigation, so that you really feel safe.

Best of luck
Annie

Hi Beth
It probably isn’t anything, but do go and see your BC nurse if only to put your mind at ease. if you have ever had any form of BC you are NEVER wasting anyone’s time!
Hope your energy levels resume soon,
Take care Nicola x

I agree with other posters - do go back to your hospital andd get things investigated. Tiredness can be a symptom of more sinister things and you are worried and have a lump -you won’t be wasting your time at all and hospitals are there to treat and prevent. If you get the all clear you’ll do your body good by allowing it to destress and that could be really helpful to you. I know that by just coping you might be hoping that the lump might just “go away” as I’ve thought like that… it is best to be brave a be checked like you were with going to GP. Just wondering about tiredness and lumps and potassium - did the GP consider thyroid issues with you?
Good luck and let us know how you get on
Fran

Thanks for your help. One just starts to get totally paranoid! Tomorrow my GP wants to redo the thyroid and potassium blood tests and I now feel happier speaking to the hospital if these come back clear.

Best wishes to you all
Beth x

If you have a lump on your neck you need to get it seen as it could be an enlarged node.Although blood tests can be useful they dont tell the whole story.I think you should get your onc or at least your bcn to check it.
Good luck

Valx

Thought I’d let you all know that following your advice I phoned my BC nurse this am and now have an appointment with my consultant tomorrow morning. Sometimes its so much easier to advise others and not take the advise yourself!!
Will let you know how I get on.
Beth x

Beth
Glad to know you made contact with your consultant and got such an immdiate reponse with an appt so you don’t have to wait too long.
Thinking of you today
Fran