Really confused and worried :(

Hi to all you ladies,

I’ve been reading lots of discussions on this website for a few weeks now, but only just managed to find the courage to join. I suppose I should tell you my story… I am 37 yrs old, 2 weeks ago I found a lump on my breast, when to my gp who then referred me to my local breast care unit. Whilst I was there I had an ultrasound, mammo and 3 biopsies taken, the consultant said that the lump looked very suspicious and he was sorry that in his opinion it looked like a tumour. He talked about having a lumpectomy and discussed radiotherapy , he then arranged for me to come back in a weeks time for biopsy results.
i came back from that appointment yesterday, he said now he thought it was a Fibroadenoma, as that what the biopsy results came back as, although he did say that Fibroadenomas are usually round in shape, and tend to move around the breast. My lump isn’t moveable and long rather than Round and has jagged edges, so because of this he still wants it removing to be sent off to pathology, he said he’s not worried and also for me not to worry and it will be fine!!

im sorry to babble on, but I honestly don’t know what to think now, I’m going to see the surgeon next week to discuss this. I would very much appreciate any help or advise on this, as I’m going out of my mind with worry

xx

Hello Joleen

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very difficult time for you. I’m sure other users will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime, maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open again in the morning and normal opening times are Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator