Really useful info for those having any surgery.

I found this pdf whilst searching for some different exercises.

It has info about every aspect of breast surgery and recon with advice about how to deal with your and others reaction. Theres also some input from Jenny Murray of Radio 4’s ‘Woman’s Hour’ who had BC dx herself in 2006
I’ve got the BCC leaflets, which are good but this just has a little more…
Thought you might find it useful if you’re facing any kind of surgery.

scribd.com/mobile/documents/54505458/download?commit=Download+Now&secret_password=

what a fantastic amount of information all in one place, thanks for posting. I won’t know till thursday whether i need a mastectomy (previous unclear margins) but out of interest i had a read of some of it & it’s great, all of it is so informative & in layman’s terms. If i do have to have one i’ll definately be reading that in full as i would want immediate reconstruction if possible & it spells out all the advantages & disadvantages of all the reconstructions. Fabulous x

Hi,

I’ve had a PM for this article again and so I thought I’d re-post it for those who are facing any kind of surgery.

I had an immedaite LD recon post chemo in June last year. After feeling initially very tight it’s much , much better. Take heart if you’re feeling scared or sad, you’re allowed to feel this and it would be odd if you didn’t, but it WILL be ok.

x

Hi,
I found this to be an exellent informative read. I only wish i had read it before my reconstruction which was 4 weeks ago. Never the less a must read for anyone considering or about to under go a reconstruction.
Thank you so much.
A

I’ve got the book - it seems to be the recon ‘Bible’! I found it invaluable in making my own recon choice, but would point out that Dick Rainsbury is not a plastic surgeon, and maybe because of this, I felt he tended to promote the LD flap despite the DIEP being the recognised gold standard of recons.
Nontheless, this is a good read!

Sue x

I cant open the link. Can you re post, or help at all? Thanks, Rattles

Hi Rattles,
It didn’t work for me either. So I typed in www.scribd.com and in the search box put in no. 54505458. It then appears as “Breast Reconstruction”. I hope it works for you.
A x

Thanks for the link SCACO, hope you are doing well.
I struggled with the link initially but got there in the end and is a good read for a starting point for me. I’ve just finished Herceptin and considering a recon is my next phase down this lengthy journey (16 months for me now).
Hope your recovery is going well beaniebaby.
Bev x