Really want to shout out

I had my mx on 28 May and 4 lymph nodes taken, last Wednesday I found some discharge out from the wound under armpit and I told my bcn she said nth to worry about but at the weekend I still have discharge and pain develops I went to out of service go and was give anti biotic. But the wound still stinging and I am so worried about delay chemo. Now I feel very unsecured, can I still trust my bcn and my medical team?

Hi Fiona00

I am sorry to read you’re having such a tough time at the moment.  Whilst you wait for the other users to reply with their knowledge and experiences you might find it helpful to talk things through with a member of staff on the BCC helpline. Here you can share your thoughts and concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as wellas emotional support and practical information.  The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator 

Hi Fiona, I recently has surgery, Wide local excision, I have been very lucky so far, very little pain and a clean healing wound, but I did have a couple of times I felt left out in the cold by my team, we all know we are not the only ones, but we want answers not answering machines, so I would call the help line or MacMillan (I didn’t have this number so started with MacMillan). They were kind, understanding and patient with me, was transferred to a nurse who explained things clearly for me, my mind was put at rest and I didn’t feel so alone. Sorry it’s taken so long to answer and I hope things have improved for you. Big hugs x