Really worried

Hi I had an appointment at the breast assessment centre last Tuesday and was told there were two lumps which were a cause for concern on my left breast one at 8mm the other even smaller. I had the Ultra sound followed by a core biopsy. They didn’t really say anything at all. My appointment for results is this Thursday, I swing from positive to I will be dead by Christmas. The internet has become my new best friend and worst enemy all in a week. I keep thinking if it was ok I would not have needed all three procedures, I don’t think I can stand the wait.

hello daffodil, firstly STOP GOOGLING … i know we all do it , but it really just scares you…
core biopsys are not nice, and yes your immagination runs away with you, i think the moment were told there is a problem with our breasts we all go in to panic mode … dont forget 9/10 lumps are NOT cancer … even when the breast unit decide to do do biopsys … it can still be benign… they are just making sure… the waiting is the worst part … because you convince yourself of all sorts … there is nothing that you can do to make the results come any quicker…because they have to be discussed at a meeting before your told the results… good news and bad news all get discussed… i know your brain shot … its vile … but the best thing to do is keep busy … anything but google … now is a good idea to do a mass clean up … start at the top of the house and work your way down… thats what i did… you get a spotless house and your mind is busy … good luck for thursday xx angie

Hi

As Angiem says ‘STOP GOOGLING’. Yes (as she says) we all do it, but it just plants the fear and you’ll scare yourself silly.

Wait until you know what you’re dealing with then you can handle it. It’s a scary time waiting for results but just cross one bridge at a time. That advice was given to me in the early days and proved to be the best advice that I was given.

Good luck
Mal

Thanks so much for your help & support it is really nice to know that there are people out there who not only care, but have a level head at such difficult times.

Will let you know what happens on Thursday.

Feeling better today, don’t know why, just feel if it is bad news there is a plan.

Love to all.

XXXX

glad your feeling better today … thats a start aint it ?.. but by now your probably back in panic mode… its vile how your feelings change from one min to the next… but not long to wait now … fingers crossed xx angie

Hi Daffodil18 at this stage the advice you have received is all we can give until you get your results.

I too had a double biopsy but at the beginning of September, the waiting time is awful but remember they are small and probably caught early IF they are malignant, don’t forget you still have a good chance of them being benign. But like you say if they need treatment there is a plan.

So be positive and keep busy, I did my house from top to bottom during my wait.

Good luck on Thursday.

BW
Jean x

Hi there, I too had a double core biopsy last Tuesday but I was told immediately that I had cancer but they just cannot tell me what kind and what treatment other than I will have a matectomy and probably a double. I am due to see the Consultant on Thursday but the waiting has driven me mad. I have not been able to sleep and yesterday asked my GP for help. I just wish there was more they could tell you at the time so that you can plan for the future and make plans and not know that there is doom ahead just not the level of the doom

Hi daffodil ,I am at the same stage as you waiting, I had my biopsies last Tuesday I was told there and then that the two area’s of concern in my right breast have been caught early and that they are very small, and in a few months after treatment I will put this all behind me that was it! then you go home and worry, still waiting to hear from them with results,I rang the BC unit yesterday and they said it will be another week as they will have to review my results before they call me in for my app, I feel bad because My Gp has put off work with stress until I feel able to cope, this is not me at all I am normally the strong one, but reading your post I feel normal now as I know others feel the same, thank god for this site, Please let me know how you get on, on Thursday and I will update you when I hear further news, love and hugs x

Hugs to you Karenovis,
looks like we are all in the same time scale, agree with you the waiting is hell on earth, it’s understandable I suppose for us to worry, you do need more information because in my case I am searching the net and don’t know what I am looking for really, but to be honest once I found this website I have found it to be the best for information on BC and have stopped searching on goggle, I hope your doctor has been supportive mine has been great and has told me my fear’s are perfectly normal, as of yet she has not had any reports back from the breast clinic, but has sighned me off work with stress, relating to breast abnormality, but I feel guilty because I never take time off, but I just can not cope with normal day today stuff, I am glad I am not alone with my feelings, take care xx

hi there,
am waiting too and it’s awful, have cleaned house and had late night jam making sesions but mostly i just feel sick. Even on a good day, it’s like a constant weight in the pit of my stomach. Don’y feel bad about taking time off work, if i could i would but unforunately i don’t get sick pay so can’t afford to but i am far from focused when i’m there!
Results for me at 12.30 tomorrow, good luck to you on thursday,
be kind to yourself x

Hi it’s me – well good news and bad news I have BC and will need a MX now for the good news very low grade and unlikely that I will need chemo, but drug treatment, looking at operation and reconstruction same operation apparently.

Will have loads of questions for you guys I am sure in the coming weeks.

Be good.

Hugs.

Phew so glad that’s over for you, now you know what you are up against, You can deal with it, that’s good news that it’s low grade! And no chemo, keep in touch,
No letter for me yet!!!

Hugs H x

Hi Daffodil

Just wanted to give you some positive news on what’s ahead. I had a 4mm invasive and DCIS , sentinal node biopsys was clear no chemo or radio. I had mastectomy with immediate reconstruction with a permanent expander implant. I am also on Tamoxifen which so far I think I have been lucky and have had no side effects from. This was all 4 months ago and I have to say I feel great (I have my wobbly days mind but am trying hard to beat them!!). I know everyone is different and your treatment plan may be different to mine, but I just wanted to say that I got through this and so can you!! In fact I am quite fond of my silicone pal now (he makes the other side look very sad!!).

Take care and I will be thinking of you
X

Thanks for your comments, I have appointment with surgeon tomorrow at 12.30 which is great as I can plan ahead, will keep you all in the loop.

Hugs to all

Only me, not such a great night, read the booklet Hospital gave me, then the demons came to play in head - Hate all of this.

Hi Daffodil18

I’m sorry to read of your diagnosis, the first few weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with things and getting to grips with your treatment plans, etc.

As well as the support you are receiving from the other users you may find it useful to have the BCC Resources Pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a pack just follow this link:-

breastcancercare.org.uk/heal … tionId/82/

Also, do give the helpline a ring if you need any further support or information. They’re on 0808 800 6000. Open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 9-2 Saturday.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi Daffodil

Sorry to hear you had a bad night. I hope that your appointment with your surgeon went well and you now have a clearer picture of what is going to happen.

Take care

X

Much better picture now next Tuesday Sen Node Biopsy with results on Friday. Early November MX with reconstruction – oh joy. Confirmed as def Grade one if nodes good then just drug treatment for 5 years ( just I say). They are saying 4-8 weeks recovery UGH !!!

Fingers crossed guys.

Any thoughts on recovery 4 - 8 weeks would love to hear good news - having tissue taken from tummy.

hello daffodil sory ive been quiet love , yes good news as grade one but there is no just about it love its a huge rollercoaster to deal with where ever you get on love ,
.i had mastectomy and reconstruction at the same time 6 weeks ago . The wounds have healed and i was feeling well again before the chemo . sending huge hugs and best wishes joy xxxx
best wishes to to herbi and checo and all tooxx

Feeling OK today still very worried about the op, but it has to be done.

T