Recall - Desperately worried & anxious

Hi, I am 59 and have goer a recall letter to attend hospital on Monday , I am so flat, feel sick and depressed, how can I get through the next few days??!!!

Hi Carriemo

Welcome to the forums, I’m sure other users will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime you may find it helpful to contact our free helpline on 0808 800 6000, opening hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 – 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi Carriemo,
I know it is easy to say but please try not to worry too much as the mammographers may just need another view or didn’t get enough of the breast into the machine at the first attempt. This happened to me although I have been through treatment and it was my first annual mammogram and my mind went into overdrive but all was fine. It’s far better to have another check.
Hope all goes well for you
KQ
xx

Hello,
This happened to me in as much I am always asked to wait so that they can check they have the right areas(it was under private medical insurance cover, don’t know if this happens on NHS). Their “mistake” was to show me the mammogram which revealed something on the other breast. This sent me into the shakes,tears etc, everything was going through my mind, more chemo etc etc.
Anyway it was done again and everything was fine, but it certainly worried me at the time. It just shows that it can be down to human error which it was in this case.
Hope you get on okay.
Hazel

Thanks so much for your comments - got myself in a real state, rang BCN at clinic, she rang me back with in 10 mins, said some changes from last MG, but Said she didn’t think too much to worry about - still wrecked!

Hope all goes well always ready to chat and listen if you need to :slight_smile:

Hi all had all incl biopsy, met doc, now waiting for date, am told proberbly lumpectomy then treatment, am a total wreck which is not me at all, I am usually so bubbly, I hate my kids seeing me like this and my hubby too but can’t seem to progress out of this rotten spiral, my mouth is so dry and feel so sick, someone give me a big boot up the behind please x