Recall after routine mammogram -scared!

Hi, I’m 56 and have just had my first recall letter. I’ve been on HRT for a long time now. My Drs advised me to come off it, but my menopausal symptoms were so awful that I said I was willing to take the risk.
I had problems ten years ago with fybrocystic breasts, but haven’t had any cysts since then and all my mammograms have been clear.
Now this recall letter. I’ve had pain in my left breast for a couple of weeks now but can’t feel a lump as I did before and can’t see any other changes in my breast.
I’m just feeling really scared.

hi pm
well, many of us have received the ‘recall’ & yes, the waiting part until you get an answer is scary.
Try to bear in mind that the mammogram has done its job in picking up something which needs to be sorted out, mostly, all turns out to be well. If it is more serious, then the sooner it is dealt with the better, bc is very treatable these days as many of us now realise who have been through it. My bc was picked up, early by routine screening & was straightforward to deal with. So glad I went for that mammo!
Chances are all will be well.
ann x

Thanks Ann,
I think I’m just upset as I’ve had three years of unbelieveable stress and grief; just as I thought everything was over and finally running smoothly I received that re-call. Sometimes you just wonder how much more you can take - you know?
I’ve been through it all before ten years ago and I’m sure it will just be hormonal changes to my breast; I’ve really got to come off HRT! I know you’re talking sense, and that if it is anything sinister it needs to be dealt with.
Guess we all just need a hug sometimes - thanks Ann! I’m really happy to hear that you’re OK and your BC was dealt with promptly and thoroughly. Thanks for being here on the forum to help others xx