Recall after second screening mammogram

Hi Everone,

I’m new to the forum and this is my first post.  You all sound really caring and supportive of each other. I was just wondering if any of u have had  the same experience as me? Had my first routine mammogram three years ago and was recalled because of areas of microcalcification in both breasts. Had biopsies and titanium markers inserted but biopsies on both breasts were benign. Had my first screening mammogram since then 10 days ago and have been recalled again. Didn’t worry last time because I know recalls are quite common after first mammograms but am assuming there must be some changes this time and am finding it hard not to feel anxious. Any reassuring similar experiences??

Hi Taggie,
Well, its good you’ve had one ‘clear’ mammo already & as you say, it could well be the same issue again. Obviously, something needs a closer look, hence the recall.
At the very worst you may get an early & highly treatable bc diagnosis, where full recovery is the norm. This did happen to me on a recall from my second mammo, treatment was quite straightforward & back to normal within a few months. So glad I went for that mammo!
But, chances are, it wont go that far. Even for an2nd mammo recall, most women report the all clear.
If you want to, do let is know how you get on.
ann x

Hi Taggie,welcome.You may be someone who is prone to micro calcifications,I gues it is impossible for them to tell from routine mammogram whether these are innoncent or indications of changes that need treatment.Like Ann said if it were to be cancer chances are that detected in this way it will be very early and therefore very treatable.Jill

Good luck let us know how you get on.

Fingers crossed Taggie!