Recalled after routine screening and very worried..

hello, I had my 1st mammogram about 10 years ago after discovering a lumpy area in my right breast. I was given the all clear. 2 years ago, I noticed that the same lumpy area was quite painful, so my gp referred me. I had a mammogram, ultrasound and needle aspiration. Again, I was told it was nothing to worry about on the same day. I am now 49, and had my routine mammogram 3 weeks ago. I found the experience incredibly painful on my right breast this time… I received the call-back letter on Wednesday, and have been sick with worry since. I go on Monday morning and can’t believe how upset I feel. I am wondering whether they would actually have referred to my earlier results as it is a different hospital? I think they said I had fibrous tissue the first time I was referred. Has anyone got any experience of this sort of scenario please? 

Hi D, the vast majority of call backs turn out to be nothing to be worried about.If you have had a previous biopsy that may affect what they are seeing I guess.They will call you back for further investigation if there is any doubt at all ,they can normally reassure you on the day line you say .Hope it turns out to be nothing.Jill

How did you get on?

just about to leave for my recall appointment