Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recalled for 2nd appointment re mammogram

12 REPLIES 12
JulieD
Community Champion

Re: Recalled for 2nd appointment re mammogram

Hi username1,
Sorry to hear about your Mum. I cannot give you a definitive answer as I think it depends on the breast clinic you attend, however, you do usually get the results pretty quickly. They may be able to tell you their thoughts on the scan on the day but the biopsy is likely to take a little longer. They should be able to tell you when your mum goes for the tests when and how she will get the results.
I hope all goes well, do let us know how your mum gets on. Hopefully you/she won't need us but if you do this is a very supportive site.
With every good wish for you and your mum, Julie

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone, apologies for chipping in on your thread. I was looking for information on the procedures at Sheffield's Hallamshire Hospital and came across this.

My Mum has a breast lump and is going for a scan and biopsy next week. She's scared to death and already worrying about the results. I was trying to find out how soon the results are given out. If she knew it was the same day or within a week I think it would help put her mind at rest. Does anybody know?

Many thanks for your help and time.

Laraine

Hi Bladechick
Brilliant news, so pleased for you. I had my treatment at the Hallamshire in Sheffield too.
Love Laraine x

ChoccieMuffin

Delighted for your good news, thank you for coming back to tell us. If you get the opportunity you could mention this site to your best friend to pass on to her friend as she would get lots of support from the people on here.

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you all! One of my best friends had to deal with two of her friends going to breast screening yesterday, unfortunately I found out last night that her other friend is in a really bad way has to have mastectomy, chemo and a bone scan shes in bits! Life can be so cruel, my thoughts are with her and her family and to you all God Bless and take carexx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Bladechick, should not be so nervous. Stress is our enemy, from the stress of all diseases. I think that everything will be fine. Likely to mammography revealed what may be minor changes. Doctor may prescribe medication. Will you drink tablets, all will be well. In any case, whatever the results of a mammogram, we must rejoice in the fact that all this is found in the early stages. I wish you good luck.

Guest user
Not applicable

Great news Linda.
Those tears of relief are very very necessary. You take good care now.

JulieD
Community Champion

Hi Linda,
That's great news! Really pleased for you and thanks for coming back and letting us know. Have a celebratory glass of something for me!
Best wishes,Julie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi guys Good News!!! I went back to the Royal Hallamshire Hospital in sheffield and the doctor confirmed it was a cyst and drained it wihin seconds everything ok!! My word did those tears of relief come!! Just wanted to say thank you to julie and Lucy and good luck to all those people out there who find themselves in a similar situation , you really don't know what it's like unless you have been there yourself, it is one of the most traumatic times and has left me thoroughly drained!! Good Luck and God Bless you all Lindaxx

Lucy_BCC

Hi Linda

In addition to the support you have here please feel free to call our helpline where you can talk through your concerns with someone in confidence, the lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 9-2 Sat on 0808 800 6000

take care
Lucy

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you so much julie for your reply! Everyone has tried to give me logical and practical reasons for being recalled but I'm still going out of my mind with worry! It just brings back the events of 14 years ago! Well I'm off in just over an hour wish me luck.
Once again thank you Jule

Lindax

JulieD
Community Champion

Hi,
Sorry you find yourself in such an anxcious place. I can't give you any answers but would just say that there are several reasons for a recall, including technical issues with machinery, so TRY not to worry too much.
Of course you are worried and probably scared, but even if does prove to be cancer you have been through it once and you CAN get through it again. In fact treatments have improved and side effects better controlled now. I do hope your worries will be unfounded and there is a simple answer. Hope someone else can give you positive news from experience. Do let us know how you get on.
If you need to talk the helpline here is good and would at least give you someone to talk to.
Best wishes, Julie

Guest user
Not applicable

Recalled for 2nd appointment re mammogram

Hi there

This is my first message to anyone out there who can help! I had a mastectomy 14 years ago and although been thoroughly paranoid about lumps etc over that time, everything seemed to be ok! However, having been called for a mammogram 2 weeks ago,my first in 5 years, I received a letter yesterday calling me back for a second appointment. I am absolutely terrified, living on my own, no one to talk too it is sending me mad! Is there anyone out there that has been in this situation and result come back positive?