cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recalled to breast clinic

29 REPLIES 29
Pugsley123

Re: Recalled to breast clinic

OMG how fabulous I am so pleased for you. Celebration drinky this weekend for you then my lovely. Time to put it all behind you now and enjoy your life.
Gail xxxx
Trendynanna57

Hi Gail. Results came back clear. They will call me in 3 years for routine mammogram. Am so relieved. Hope all goes well for you. I will check back to see how you are. Thank you for your support x
Pugsley123

Hi Carole how did it go today? Have been thinking if you. Big hugs Gail xx
Pugsley123

I'm ok my lovely, not happy that they want to remove it as it makes me question why? But then again I would rather they remove it and check the whole lump rather than a few small areas.
Awww I bet you are nervous Carole, stay positive, you can do this.
Gail xx
Trendynanna57

That sounds promising Gail. It's such a worry all of this. Are you okay? Getting bit nervous now X
Pugsley123

Hi Carole
They think it is a fibroadenoma but want to remove it for further tests, so just waiting for a date for my operation. Good luck tomorrow my lovely I will be thinking of you xxx
Pugsley123

❤❤❤ xxxx
Trendynanna57

We certainly will X
Pugsley123

Hi Carole
Thank you for thinking of me bless you, I will be thinking of you tomorrow too and I am sending you positive thoughts and a great big hug.
Let me know how you get on my lovely and if we get bad news remember we can beat this.
Gail xxx
Trendynanna57

Hope all goes well today. Thinking of you X
Pugsley123

They said at the moment I'm a 3, 1 being no cancer and 5 being cancer. So, I'm really none the wiser until I go back next Tuesday. I have a lump behind my nipple but it's located close to my chest wall.
DCIS is early stage I believe, so if it is that I'm sure you will be fine my lovely, we just have to take each day at a time.

Gail xx
Trendynanna57

I don't know Gail. Get results wed. I was hoping the biopsy had removed the spots but I don't think it works like that. Did your hospital tell you what to expect? X
Pugsley123

I had the same experience Carole, the staff at the hospital were lovely and the radiologist was very good looking. . Bonus 😆. I live in Norwich, what have they planned for you Carole?
Gail xx
Trendynanna57

Yes they were lovely at hospital I went to. Fantastic keeping hubby informed what was happening. My name is carole and I live in Midlands X
Pugsley123

I am sorry to hear that Trendynanna, stay positive, sending you lots of hugs and tons of positivity.
I'm ok still waiting until Tuesday, I'm a bit sore today but it's worth it, we are so lucky to have such a great service, and although the waiting seems to take an eternity it really isn't. Xx
Trendynanna57

They suspect I may have dcis. Hope you are okay X
Pugsley123

We certainly are a pair Trendynanna, sending you hugs and positive vibes.
Gail xx
Trendynanna57

Hi Gail sending love and hugs. Aren't we a pair? It's nerve wracking. X
Pugsley123

Well had my appointment and one ultrasound and 3 biopsies later I have to return next Tuesday for my results. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being nothing to worry about and 5 being cancer, I'm a 3 apparently. Keeping positive.
Gail xx
Pugsley123

My appointments this Thursday so still a nervous wreck waiting, feels like an eternity.
Hope all goes well with you my lovely, stay in touch.

Gail xx
Trendynanna57

Hoping all was okay. I had to have a biopsy so results not back until week tomorrow. Was painful and is sore today. X
Pugsley123

Thanks Ann, you are probably right but was just a thought.
Great to hear your bc was picked up by your routine mammogram and just proves that there is a need for mammograms routinely.
I am so pleased that you are all clear now, such great news.
Thank you for your kind words of reassurance Ann.

Gail xx
ann-m
Community Champion

hi gail,
I don't think your gp would know any more about the recall than you do at this stage. What usually happens at the recall, is the mammogram is repeated, looked at there & then by the dr then an ultrasound & biopsy done if needed.
If a biopsy is done then there is a week or twos wait for the results, but hopefully, it won't need to go that far.
As it turned out, mine was an early bc, now dealt with, so glad I went for that routine mammo & couldn't fault the service!
ann x
Pugsley123

I had my routine mammogram on the 8th August and received my letter dated the 11th on the 13th August.
My appointment is on the 16th August at 2.40 so snap.
I'm hoping this will be a good omen.
I have everything crossed and trying to think positive whatever the outcome.
Thank you trendynanna57 for your kind words.

Gail xx

Pugsley123

I had my routine mammogram on the 8th August and received my letter dated the 11th on the 13th August.
My appointment is on the 16th August at 2.40 so snap 😆.
I'm hoping this will be a good omen.
I have everything crossed and trying to think positive whatever the outcome.
Thank you trendynanna57 for your kind words.

Gail xx

Trendynanna57

I had my routine one 2 weeks ago and received a recall letter on the 14th day. I am same, terrified beyond belief. What time is your appointment? Mine is 2.40. I was recalled after 1St one and they said its because they didn't have anything to compare. It turned out to be a fibroadenoma and benign. Hope all turns out okay for you.xx
Pugsley123

Excuse the spelling errors, note to self slow down and check before posting. 😆
Pugsley123

Thank you Ann for you reassurance. I think the worst part is the waiting and the fear of the unknown!
I think my feelings have been exacerbated due to my father being unwell at the same time.
I'm going to give my GP a ring tomorrow to see if he has a reason for the recall.
If the GP is unable to help I will just wait till Thursday, an anxious time but you're right if it is bad news then at least it has been picked up early hopefully.
I've already discussed my concerns with my husband who is very supportive and is diffently my rock at the moment.
I suppose it doesn't help that I am a nurse, we always make the worst patients 😆.
I will definately let you know how things go on Thursday and thank you again.

Gail xx
ann-m
Community Champion

Hi pugsley,

It's always the pits getting a recall letter, but statistically the majority of women recalled turn out to be fine.

On the off chance it is more serious, then the screening has done it's job in picking it up as early as possible, so that it can be sorted.  Treatment for bc is pretty effective these days, with most women going onto to make a full recovery. 

Inevitably, you will feel anxious until it's clarified, but you will get through it. We've all been there!

Let us know what happens

ann x

Pugsley123

Recalled to breast clinic

I am 48 and had my first mammogram a week ago, this morning I received a letter saying I need to attend the breast clinic on the 16th August.
I am petrified, I expected the all clear from my routine mammogram.
My father has bowel and lung cancer and is currently undergoing treatment and the prognosis isn't good , my grandmother died of breast cancer.
I feel like my world has fallen apart, I married my soul mate on the 24/6/16, and now this.
Sorry for the pity party but this is all a bit raw at the moment.