cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Diagnosis

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Recent Diagnosis

Hi Pinkbow/Julie and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support and shared experiences here, our helpliners are here for you with further emotional and practical support so please feel free to call on 0808 800 6000, lines are open during the week 9-5 and Saturday 10-2

You may find the following link to the BCC 'Undergoing treatments' support ideas and Information helpful over the coming months:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi my name is julie, I was diagnosed with breast cancer on the 23rd dec, I had a lumpectomy and also my lymph nodes removed on the 10th jan, I have been told that I will have to have chemo radiotherapy also tablets, from finding a lump ant the removal of it was five weeks, i am suffering with anxiety for which my doctor has put me on meds for although they help in the day I'm finding it hard at night, I was wondering if anyone had any breathing methods I could use to help

Hi Kat,

Good luck with your appointment on Monday, don't feel guilty for having a wobble hun it's the best way to get through it. You sound like a very strong person. Sending you hugs to get you on your way xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Wyn... When I read these posts, I feel like I have missed out on a lot of info to to with my diagnosis. All I know is that it was a Level 3??? cancer (I had a clear mammogram in July), it was removed in the op and chemo might be a preventative option. Everyone else seems to know such a lot more about their cancer... maybe I just didn't want to ask questions about it. Either way, I feel fine, actually wishing I was back at work which is unusual but looking forward top Monday when I see the Oncologist so I can find out what is going to happen next.

Sending {{{Hugs}}}

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Gymnut... I am afraid I don't know what "triple negative" is or means. All I know is that according to my breast care nurse, the cancer was removed in the op, but that they might want to discuss chemo as a preventative measure. I go to see the Oncologist on 17th Feb, so hopefully will find out more then.

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you Fresia... I have the odd wobble, then I start to feel guilty for having a wobble as I feel perfectly fine (aside from a scar on my right breast), and I know people are in a worse situation than I am xox

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you for the welcome Janet. I have now had a letter for referral to the Oncologist, so I go and see him on 17th February, hopefully I will find out what is going to happen next 🙂 xox

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, I'm from Gateshead xox

Hi Kat,  I was diagnosed on Tuesday 4th Feb with invasive ductal carcinoma.  Having wide local excision plus sentinal node excision soon and after radiotherapy and possible chemo I will have double mastectomy and reconstruction.  Where are you from? Im from near Lanark. Xx

hi ladies,

Gymnut,like you I was diagnosed with triple negative stage 1 grade 3 on 7th Nov, I am having chemo first then lumpectomy then rads.

I am halfway through chemo Fect-T and although side effects are not pleasant it is do-able. I also found time waiting for treatment plan was nerve wracking but once this was in place I knew what I was facing and it gave me the strengh to fight this as I know you will all be the same.

Take care and sending love and hugs

Wyn X

Hi Kat

I am in a similar position to you - diagnosed on 24 Dec, lumpectomy on 14 Jan with clear margins and no nodes plus further surgery on 28 Jan to remove an area of DCIS. Final results tomorrow.

I too have an aggressive form of triple negative cancer (stage 1 but grade 3) and chemo is really my only option. I am terrified but prepared for anything so long as the benefits are there. Like you I just want to know where I am heading! The last couple of weeks in limbo have been surreal.

Are you triple negative?

Hi Kat

Sorry that you have found yourself on this forum. I am pretty much in the same boat as you. I had surgery on the 16 Jan & got results on the 24th, I was told one of the lumps I'd had removed was malignant but am now waiting for another op to hopefully get clear margin and lymph nodes before I get my treatment plan.

This is my second occurrence and I think most of the ladies on here will tell you the waiting can be the hardest part to cope with. I know I've certainly had a few wobbles during the past week. 

All we can do is try & be patient, once you have your treatment plan & you get started you'll feel as if you're making some kind  of progress. Warm wishes to you x

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Kat50

Welcome to the BCC Forum where I'm sure you will find a lot of support from fellow members.  When you have your treatment plan you might find it helpful to have a look at the "Going through treatment" section, especially the Chemo monthly threads. 

And there's also our helpline for information and support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Guest user
Not applicable

Recent Diagnosis

Hello, my name is Kat and I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer on 20th December 2013.

Was a shock at first as I had had a mammogram in July which was clear but surprsingly, it didn't spoil my Christmas or New Year.

I had a breast reduction/lumpectomy and sentinel lymph node biopsy on 15th January, and got my results on Friday 24th January (the same day I was going to my uncles funeral, he died 2 days after my op, in the same hospital).

Thankfully, lymph nodes were clear, but as it was an aggressive form of cancer, I am now waiting on an appointment with the oncologist to discuss the possibility of chemotherapy as well as the radiotherapy already discussed with my surgeon.

Now, just getting impatient as I want to get on with the rest of my treatment, whatever it may be.