Recent secondary diagnosis

I have recently been diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in my liver, lung and bones. Is anyone else on the the site going through the same. I have just had my first dose of Toxatere with my second one due in a couple of days. I’m feeling a bit lost and just totally unsure about my future and would like to chat with others who have gone or are going through the same as I am. I can find threads for ladies with mets in either bones, liver or lungs but not all three. is anyone out there

jane

Hi FMJT60

I’m sorry to hear of your latest diagnosis and am sure your fellow forum users will be along soon to offer you some much needed support.  To help you along I have put for you below the link to one of BCC’s publications you might find helpful.  Also tonight our Secondary Live Chat service runs (each Tuesday) between 8.30pm and 9.30pm where the regular users I am sure will make you most welcome.  I’ve put you the link below if you would like to give it a try.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/secondary-breast-cancer/secondary-breast-cancer-bcc58

breastcancercare.org.uk/community/chat

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hi jane. I was diagnosed april 2012 with all three after being clear for 5years. It is a shock but u will come to terms with it. I had tax chemo and results were really good. Cancer markers came down from 1200 to 60. I was put on letrozole but it didnt work for me. I am on oral chemo Xeloda and it is working well. Side effects r not too bad. Hands and feet sore but dose can be adjusted to help. I wish u well. Keep positive and enjoy your good days. I have never felt that this cancer will kill me. Im determined ride the storm for at least another 10yrs.
God bless you. Helen

Hi Helen, thank you for your post. , you’ve no idea how much it helped and indeed gave me hope for the future I know that I am just in the very early. stages of treatment but I just wish I knew now if it was worlng or not. Just finished my second dose of toxater and feelingba wee bit rubbish although I know that this will pass. I hope you stay in touch. Jane xx

Hi jane. I was diagnosed with all three in 2012. I had chemo and cancer shrunk by 75%. Was stabke on Femara for six months and then new growth showed on kiver. Im on oral chemo now and it is showing possitive results. Get results of scan tomorrow. I feel really well and side effects at mo are not too bad. Keep your chin up and fight. Someone has to win and i am determined its going to be me. You can too.
Alk the best. Helen

Helen

Thank you so much for that, there is hope out there and I know that o wil fight this every inch of the way. It’s just fantastic to hear about your results, what oral are you on now

Jane xx

Helen
Sorry, i meant to say on my last post, that if you don’t mind, I’d like to stay in touch

Jane xx

<Empty imported post>