Did you mean: 

Recently Diagnosed - Lumpectomy on Monday

11 REPLIES 11
marion3

Re: Recently Diagnosed - Lumpectomy on Monday

Good luck it's not too bad.
lizzy22

Hi marion glad it went well for you.I have been for my pre op assessment today.Be glad to get my op done.

best wishes xx

marion3

Hi lizzy I had mine yesterday it wasn't too bad. I have written about it but not sure if it's posted up (new to this). Its not really painful I am taking painkillers every 6 hours and that seems to be doing the trick. Good luck it will be ok. X
marion3

Thank you for support. I had the WLE SNB lumpectomy (think that's the terminology) yesterday. Had to have radioactive dye and imaging first then had wires IDC in right breast and also a wire in left breast as have a radial scar they thought best to take out at the same time. I also had IORT (anybody here have this) it's radiotherapy during the operation. Meant being in theatre for four hours so u stayed overnight. I feel ok today a little bit sore breast is totally blue. Worst part is my throat can hardly swallow - must be the tube in for so long. SNB results on Friday. Thanks again for support it's nice to read other peoples experiences. Xx
maxy-moo

Hi Marion

Hope you are well after your lumpectomy yesterday, I had mine on 16th October and was suprised how quickly I recovered.  I was also in yesterday having SNB so am b ack waiting for results. Love and hugs x

ashbymeadow

to add i had the same diagnosis as you
Jacqui
ashbymeadow

will be thinking of you on monday.I had my op last thursday and no great pain.took one painkiller after op and non since .Emotions all over the place and tiredness awful but i was like that before the op.

Go for dressings changed in the am.My dreaded day next Tuesday when results will be known.May need  more surgery if ducts have cancer cells.I pray they were clear as want like everyone else to get back on this road called life..not in limbo.

xJacqui

minig

Hi Marion, I'm similar to you. Recently diagnosed with grade 2 IDC and have my lumpectomy & SNB next Friday. I'm 42 with 2 little boys. Will be thinking of you on Mon. Hope it all goes well! Take care. xx
4littlecherubs

Know exactly how you feel but I it will get better I promise....tge first few weeks are the worst, the shock of finding out then a list of appointments, waiting for results....its horrible but it does get easier. I have invasive ductal carcinoma grade 2 had to have a mastectomy 4 weeks ago, I was only in a day and didnt have any pain. All my results came back and luckily my lymph nodes were clear so I onky need radiotherapy that started today and tamoxifen for 5 years.
Im also 44 and have 4 children age 2, 4, 9 and 11

Hope all goes well on monday, will be thinking about you.
((((Hugs))))
Joanne1973

Oh sweetheart, sending you lots of love your way. Crying is good, keep doing it whenever you need to and don't feel bad about doing it.  The surgery itself it's really not as bad as you expect.  I only needed painkillers for the first few days and was driving after a week, I had two lymph nodes out and my shoulder was achy for a few weeks but back to normal now (4 weeks post op).  I had to go back and have a bit more taken because j didn't quite have a clear margin.  

I'm 40 and have 2 children, know exactly how your feeling.  Will be thinking of you on Monday and wishing you a speedy recovery.  Keep us updated once you're up t o it.

🙂

X

lizzy22

I was diagnosed on th 6th November with IDC and will be having WLE and SNB on the 5th December .I have had that many different emotions , okay one minute and then sink very low. So know what your going through.But have found that by coming on here  and hearing from alot of lovely ladies is a great comfort. So am trying to stay positive .I hope you have a very supportive family as I have.

Good luck and big hugs xxxx

Let me know how you get on xx

marion3

Recently Diagnosed - Lumpectomy on Monday

After a week of crying about my breast cancer diagnosis I am having lumpectomy on Monday. I noticed a slight change in the shape of my nipple and thought I would get it checked out. Two biopsies later and here I am, all very fast, but that's good. I have IDC Grade 2. I am 44 with three children.