Recently Diagnosed

Hi all. I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer in June. Since then I’ve had a battery of examinations and investigations. I had my surgery 4 weeks ago to remove my wee alien and had a few of my lymph glands removed. I’m now about to meet my oncologist to discuss upcoming radiotherapy. Just thought I would introduce myself, share my journey so far and get some feedback and advice from my fellow forum users. X

Maryellen

Hello and welcome to the forum where you will get loads fo help and support.

Good to hear that you are through the op and upwards and onwards to rads.

There is a thread on the Going through treatment section entitled Radiotherapy where there is a thread for August radiotherapy and I will be starting a new one for September radiotherapy.  You will get loads of support on there from the ladies currently going through it and also ladies like yourself who are about to embark on rads.

Wishing a lovely remaining bank holiday and let us know if there is anything there is to do to help you on your journey

Helena xxx

Hi Maryellen47

Hello and welcome.

I’m quite new to this forum, but already finding the support really helpful. I had surgery on 6th July and a margin shave on 8th August. I need to have chemotherapy, Herceptin and radiotherapy. My first chemotherapy cycle starts on 6th September and I’m keeping an open mind about it.

All the best for your appointment with the oncologist.

Rhona x

Hi Maryellen
Welcome to team BCC the best forum you can join
I’m a kind of newby and diagnosed in July, had a lumpectomy and one lymph nodes out and now awaiting chemo and herceptin, another op to clear margins, radiotherapy and 10 years of hormone tablets! Phew, similar to Rhonaboat but I start chemo on 4th Sept.

Whatever our diagnosis and treatment plan, we all have one thing in common and are here to support each other.

So post, rant, rave, cry, shout whatever you want here as it will help. It has helped me.xxx

Thank you. I’m just finding my way around just now but I’ll have a look at the other topics and posts very soon x

Hi .Maryellen, and welcome. So, step one done. Little blighter has gone, so onto rads. Well done you! ?

Theres a great pdf on here about rads which will have you up to speed and help with a few questions for your consultant. Once you get onto the September rads group you’ll have a load of virtual friends helping you on. Good luck with your consultant and rads pathway, and hoping to meet up with you again. X

Thank you. Lovely welcoming words. I’m not sure I’ll be posting again though. It’s taken me 2 month to build up courage to join the forum and I keep posting in the wrong areas when I’ve been looking for advice. It was my Breast nurse who finally convinced me to join but I think I’ll just take my worries and concerns back to her. I’ve got my oncologist today to chat about my upcoming radiotherapy. Again thank you for being welcoming but I’ve tried to post in the right areas and keep getting muddled up. Sorry but I’ll go now. I just feel so alone and have to many worries to then have to worry about finding the right area to post. Sorry. X

Mary post wherever you want to - it doesn’t matter - someone will respond.

We all read most of the threads anyway so it’s fine - post away and use the forum to get support we have all been there and understand .