Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently diagnosed Grade 3 ER+ HER+

14 REPLIES 14
keepmumsane

Re: Recently diagnosed Grade 3 ER+ HER+

Oooo good tip. 

Funny how special showers become .. I have missed swimming this summer.  

Got sent a stack of appointments for the next 10 days. Our hospital is a 2-3 hour round trip away.  Have to farm out my kiddlets for multiple sleepovers just to get there on time, so they dont have to hang around there all day. They were unimpressed ...lol... but hate the hospital so the lesser of two evils, sweeties.

The portacath goes under my skin between my neck and heart. Seems like an excellent plan,  I ve noticed a varience in vein finding skills already 😉

Xxx

Hugs

Sandie

kessel

Hi good to hear from you - yes I think it is better once you start as you can start getting your head around eventually being better! The waiting really is a killer as you are in limbo I really feel for you, if your portacatch is similar to a picc it will make administration easier - had my first shower which was a pain but hey ho I'm sure ill get used to it! With the nausea take the drugs quickly as soon as you start feeling it I left it too late!!
keepmumsane

Hi ladies, 

Havent started my chemo yet. You both sound very calm. 🙂

I have my pre assess for a portacath next week. Do you feel more positive to have actually started chemo than you did beforehand? Not sure if thats a dumb question or not. Meant in the context of waiting is so hard.

Anyway im thinking of you both, hope the side effects go easy on you. My oncologist said if you're sick tye whole time we're not doing our job as we can adjust things for you. Then of course she gave me 2 pages of scripts for anti nausea drugs 😉 (laughing on the inside)

Hugs lovelies

Xx

Sandie

kessel

Hi Jenny
Lovely to hear from you and sorry you are in a similar situation to myself and have had a rough week. I had my first chemo yesterday felt rough last night and was sick and again this morning - have felt better this afternoon and have taken my dog for a walk in the fresh air! The cold cap was not as bad as I thought after the first 20 mins it seemed to ease! I have a picc line so a bit easier I think. Best wishes for your next chemo (every 3 wks?) keep in touch- Kessel xx
Redjen

Hi kerry

I too was diagnosed and had a lumpectomy and lymph nodes removed on 3rd dec, 2 out of 21 nodes came back positive. Like yourself I'm fairly fit, age 43 and no family history. I started chemo fec-t on 15th Jan, I've felt ill since, the first few days I was vomiting but since they have changed my medication things have improved. I have 5 more chemo sessions, herceptin injections then radiotherapy plus finally tablets for 10 years. I am trying the cold cap whilst having chemo and hoping for the best.

Jenny x
kessel

Hi
Thanks for the warning! I guess it's just another thing to get through!
Love and hugs
Kes
keepmumsane

Just be warned the herceptin threads arent all positive.  I found it upsetting but also appreciated that people with less side effects are out doing stuff and getting back in the world.  Even my 11 year old daughter pointed out if I prepare for the worst its probably not going to be that bad. 😉 mouths of babes

Xx

kessel

O bless you -you've made me smile! - like you say the plastic surgeons can do wonders - so far lucky as I have 2 relatively small scars that are healing well! Yes the waiting is a real chore- I can't believe the last 2 months have been the longest of my life!!! Yes - brig it on! Tanks again for yet another useful link.

Love Kes xx
keepmumsane

🙂

Im doing really well after the mastectomy.  Was looking at my shark bite/cobra wrestling/pirate fighting scar just now and I think if I'd lined fabric up that badly in home ec I'd get a D- ... but I guess thats thats ehy you have plastic surgeons..lol .. my lump was 5cm, felt like the princess and the pea .. 

Theres more herceptin threads in targeted therapies, I found it by accident.  Although a few of them are quite hard to read as herceptin is supposed to be 'easy'and obviously we're not all generic crash test dummies.

Xx

Bring it on, being in limbo even though I'm healing is a drag.

Hugs

Sandie

kessel

Hi Judi -thanks for your kind words - what an awful Christmas present for you? what's a muga scan? Yes I've had a ECG so I'm hoping my heart is ok -should be -did a marathon in November!! Yes it is the waiting that drains you -fortunately I start chemo next week so trying to have a really special weekend!
Hugs xxxx
kessel

Hi keepmumsane - lovely to hear from you - Thanks for your kind words - Yes I am starting on FEC as you say, most seem to be in UK? Fortunately I didn't need a mastectomy - how are you doing following that? All starts on 22nd so I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the link
Lots of love xxx
ollisj6

Hi Kerry i had a lumpectomy on the 23 dec grade 2 ductal Her2 pos no spread and no lymph node involement im waiting for a muga scan at the moment as Herceptin sometimes has a tendency to affect the heart so they check to see you are ok to take it and then monitor every 3 months have you had that yet then hopefuly crack on with the chemo its just the waiting that gets me im impatient keep positive luv judi xx
Lucy_BCC

Hi Kessel and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support here, our helpliners are on hand with further practical and emotional support for you, please feel free to call 0808 800 6000. Lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

Here's a link to the treatments area of the site where you will find lots of information and further support ideas from BCC which I hope will be of help to you:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Take care
Lucy BCC

keepmumsane

Hi kerry, welcome to the club.... great people.  Im 45, a gardener , with stage 3 her2+, had left mastectomy 12thdec, meeting the oncologist on tuesday. . They said I'll be on AC , then paclitaxel and herceptin. Im in NZ so not sure how it compares to chemo there, everyone seems to be on Fec T. Theres a thread called january gemstones for chemo too.

Surreal isnt it. 

I love talking to the women here, friendly and no need for a brave face on wobbly days.

Hugs xx

Sandie

kessel

Recently diagnosed Grade 3 ER+ HER+

Hi I've just joined the forum and the club!! I was diagnosed on 10th dec and was told last week that i start chemo on 22nd as well as he herceptin. I am 43 fit and fit and healthy. I had a lumpectomy just before Xmas and fortunately has not spread into breast or lymph nodes. Does anyone have a similar diagnosis that could offer some advice.
Thanks
Kerry